cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am i being charged?

craigy88

why am i being charged?

my phone bills seem to be going up and up just recently and im getting sick of it. for some reason ive been charged £4.59 for an 01423 number which is a landline? but i get free landline calls? also getting charged for 0844 numbers but we dont answer the phone to them?! also on my summary i have been charged for *call return* and *101*? dont have a clue what these are?  my bill has never been over £40 in the past but seems to have risen since i took on the contract : Angry
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: why am i being charged?

Do you make sure you keep calls to under an hour?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there craigy88,
I can see that there was one landline call that lasted 1 hour 51 minutes. It's worth noting that calls that last beyond an hour do end up becoming chargeable.
Other than this; it seems like there was a few calls made to chargeable numbers. Without willing to disclose too much information, it seems that most of them are for calls made to customer services for online shopping.
I hope this at least clarifies it a bit for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
craigy88

so actually they arent free landline calls like they say when you take on the contract? £4.59 for 15mins is pretty pricey in my opinion! keep getting nuscence calls all the time, from 084 numbers etc.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: craigy88
so actually they arent free landline calls like they say when you take on the contract?

Where does it say they are free? It does say that inclusive calls become chargeable after 60 minutes which is normal amongst phone providers.
keep getting nuscence calls all the time, from 084 numbers etc.

That's hardly PlusNet's fault and are certainly nor chargeable. You could buy a call blocker unit if they are becoming annoying.