Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will I reieve my refund?

nicnac1810
Dabbler

when will I reieve my refund?

Hi, 
Im still waiting for part of my refund for the cessation fee I paid.  The credit was requested on the 7th Oct & I am still waiting - its now been 5 working days.
I would also like to query why my account hasn't been closed ? My account is saying that my next bill is due on the 31st October - im not going to be charged in error for another month am I ?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: when will I reieve my refund?

Hi there
I'm really sorry for the problems you've had since trying to close your account.  I can understand it's been frustrating for you and I apologise for that.  I've asked the billing team to have a look at closing the account for me and I've checked the refund for you.  It was done when Linn contacted you on the 7th October.  Now it can take up to ten working days for refunds to appear but I'd expect card refunds to be quicker so keep en eye out over the next couple of days.
I will let you know as soon as the account is closed but if you've any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to give me a shout.
Warm regards
Sharon
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi nicnac1810  Smiley
I can confirm that the account is now fully closed, I'd already double checked the refunds and they had already been processed but if you want to give me a shout in another week if you still haven't received it, I am happy to have another look at it for you.
You should not get any further communications about your account but the flip side is, that means you don't have access to it via the members centre so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
All the best!
Sharon
nicnac1810
Dabbler

Thanks for the help with closing the account,  ive still not recieved part of my refund back yet?  Seems to be taking quite a long time  Sad I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nicnac1810,
Thanks for getting back in touch regarding this. I have now checked the refund in the billing system and can confirm that this has been actioned and should have been refunded back to the credit/debit card on the account so would it be possible to check that this hasn't been refunded back into a different account with you?
In the meantime, I have asked the billing team to look into the back end to ensure that the refund was issued correctly so further details or confirmation on the refund should come back from them soon and I'll update you here once I have that information.
nicnac1810
Dabbler

I paid part of the charge on a debit card which has been refunded on the 9th,  the other part came out by direct debit & its this im waiting to be credited back to me.
I only have the one account,  so i cant understand what the problem is?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again ,
Thanks for confirming the details on which refund this is regarding. We should have further detail once the billing team has investigated this, so as soon as they get back to me I'll provide an update here.
nicnac1810
Dabbler

? Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
I've just checked the account and can see that we've issues the refund as a cheque now. This is as the refund didn't go through as the direct debit a cancelled.
The cheque should be with you within the next 14 days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nicnac1810
Dabbler

Im sorry but this is a joke!  You were wrong to take the payment in the first place & here i am still waiting for my money back!
I havent cancelled the direct debit so this must be something you have done.  My account wasnt closed until the 14th oct so should have been plenty of time from when the refund was 1st requested on the 7th to have recieved it.
Can you now tell me what date the cheque was issued so i know when to expect it?
Really shocking customer service,  ive now been a month trying to sort this out,  i should have reported this to ofcom in the first place like i was advised to as the payment should never have even been taken.