cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage

latulippe

usage

Sad  For the past 2 months I have had emails warningm me that I am nearing my monthly usage limit. I cannot understand this as I am using my computer no more than usual ,I am the only person using it and I only use it for looking up things on the web ,emails and my pictures....I have checked my usage in MY ACCOUNT and can see that the graph shows that it has gone up  but how do I know that the graph is correct,I only have your word.Is this a scam to make me upgrade and pay more ,which I cnnot afford .I have it on good authority that a normal household usage is 6-8 GB a month ...Comment please as I am not happy to receive these unnerving emails  Sad  This is addressed to plusnet but comments from anyone else will be wellcomed
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: usage

If you install NetWorX you can monitor your usage (you will need to reconfigure the times to have 7am to 8am as off peak to match Plusnet).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: usage

Hi latulippe,
First of all let me confirm that our usage monitoring systems are very accurate and are rarely wrong.  As jelv has suggested you can install NetWorX which will let you monitor from your side also.  You should see that both show the same usage.
Usage is not based upon the amount of time you use your connection for but what you use you use your connection for.  For example, your usage would be much higher if you spent an hour downloading or streaming than it would be if you spent an hour web browsing.  This is why it's difficult to put a figure to average household usage as it depends entirely what you do with the connection that will determine the amount.  I can assure you that the usage figures have not been deliberately inflated in an attempt to push you to a higher cost broadband package with us.
Let us know if you have any further questions.