Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrades to current deal crazy pricing

FIXED
myars
Hooked

upgrades to current deal crazy pricing

As my other half is now off work for the forseeable, she needs to make calls to various people to explain that she is unable to visit. i checked how much it would cost to upgrade my current deal. i am on unlimited fibre 66mb and evenings/weekend calls.  i was surprised that the upgrade to any time calls would take my 31.99 up to 49.99 and that it was labeled as out of contract. is this correct? or am i missing something. its of no great consequence as her mobile has many minutes ,but a little strange that if i took the anytime in my original deal it would be 15 quid less. any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: upgrades to current deal crazy pricing

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@myars 

Plusnet pricing IS crazy! Once upon a time landline calls were comparatively cheap but now are prohibitive without being included in your package.

You do of course have to pay for a "land line" to have adsl and with the infrastructure in place I can see no reasom why voice calls should not be "free".  The mobile industry has really got its act together and I feel that could be the way things are going in the future.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Fix

This is a known issue - on the website when you upgrade it doesn't include any broadband discounts.  When the call plan change goes through it will be fine.

Note upgrades done online only happen on your billing date.  If you want it to apply immediately you need to call in and they can apply it for you.

myars
Hooked

cheers it will only cost me 4 quid a moths (discounts not applied on website)  problem is the message  You'll move to your Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls call plan on 28/04/2020. isnt really much use for this month. to be honest i would retrospectively pay but there is no way. cheers

myars
Hooked

replying to myself to let others know.  

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @myars

Thank you for the updated. I'm pleased that we have been able to get this sorted for you!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team