cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded to fibre and discount ended

MLaycock
Hooked

upgraded to fibre and discount ended

Ok so I joined PlusNet in March of this year taking a fixed term 12 month contract in return for a £7.49 discount. A couple of weeks ago fibre was (finally!) enabled in my area and so I upgraded my account at was said to be a £5 increase to my monthly bill. Looking at my bill this morning I find that the increase has been applied but also my discount has been removed so my bill now £12.49 per month higher. If my discount has been ended because of the upgrade then does this mean I am no longer bound to the fixed term contract and can migrate whenever I want?

1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: upgraded to fibre and discount ended

Looking at your account, I believe you signed up to a new 18 month fibre contract. Confirmation of the contract was sent via the account here.

Unfortunately ADSL signup discounts would not be applicable on a change to a fibre contract. As you were upgrading from ADSL to fibre, your ADSL contract will have been written off in exchange for the fibre contract.

@MLaycock wrote:

I upgraded my account at was said to be a £5 increase to my monthly bill.

The £14.99 cost for fibre would be a £5 increase to the standard £9.99 ADSL cost.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet