cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unscheduled cancellation

pursebearer
Hooked

unscheduled cancellation

I joined Plusnet in early March and after initial problems contacting them because I'm currently abroad, I was happy with their service. Until yesterday that is when they cancelled my contract, deleted my account and once again left me unable to contact them. A phone call to UK from here is ridiculously expensive and after initially signing up I discovered that I could neither email nor message them from overseas so I sent a cancellation request well within the 14 day grace period. Unfortunately as I did this via the support wizard rather than a phone call, it was ignored and the service went live March 16th. I eventually had to compose a letter to them, email it to my UK address, have my son print it and snail mail it to them to point out I did not want the contract and they subsequently agreed to renegotiate it on the terms that after 12 months we could change the account holder to my son who is normally resident in UK. Despite this agreement, the account has now been cancelled "as I requested" 9 weeks previously! What do I do now? My children in UK are working from home and this is a huge disaster for them, they cannot contact their employer, nor their clients, nor us, and vice versa. I now have no plusnet account so cannot even message them. Does anyone read these boards? How is it legal for big companies to hide their email address yet they prefer to email customers rather than send bills by post.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: unscheduled cancellation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pursebearer
Hooked

Not actually a billing issue, everything paid was refunded. This issue is how do I get a phone/broadband connection back without a) using phone or broadband and b) in the shortest possible time?

pursebearer
Hooked

Apparently, I owe Plusnet an apology, they did send notice that they were about to cancel my contract. Unfortunately they sent it two days after the cancellation. It contains the standard blurb "Another service provider has told us that you want to move your broadband away from Plusnet" which is untrue. Hilarious. NOT.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @pursebearer 

I've read what you've said and if you've arranged for a letter to be sent to us to cancel your services, it sounds like we've just acted upon what you've requested (we can't change the account holder's name of an account I'm afraid).

I'd like to look into this further though. Could you drop me a PM with your account username?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet