switching to another provider procedure

andrewpurkis201
Grafter

switching to another provider procedure

I will be switching to BT at the end of my PN contract on 29 Jan 2022

my question is what is the  timing?

I know that if i sign up with BT that will serve as my 14 day notice to PN

but when do i sign up and not pay any extra fees etc

so do I  sign up to BT (which acts as notice to PN )

on 15 jan 2022 or wait till 29 jan 2022?

and do i have to give PN notice on the day i sign up as well?

8 REPLIES 8
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: switching to another provider procedure

Hi @andrewpurkis201, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm if you place an order with BT to transfer the services there then within a few days you should receive  message along the lines of "we're sorry to hear you're leaving..." Which is confirmation that we've received the take over request. There's no exact date upon setting up the account that we or BT could give but usually orders complete usually in around 2-4 weeks.

If the services are transferred and account is closed prior to the contract end date then early termination fee's would generate so I'd recommend aiming for sure after the contract ends for the new services to be set-up. It does mean you'd receive a full monthly invoice, but when the final fee's are worked out on your account then you'd receive a refund for the majority of the invoice amount should only a few days have passed.

If you don't receive a notification within a few days of placing the order with the new provider as mentioned above then I'd recommend giving our Cancellations team a call to let them know and so manually steps can be taken to close the account down our side on the correct change over date.

They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I leave tomorrow 2 weeks short of the contract end. I've had an email stating my early fees will be around £3.50. Not sure how I am due any fees really, considering I have paid for this month up front, by leaving 2 weeks early I should still be in credit! Still I can stomach the small amount and if I couldn't, my new provider would pay them.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Marksfish - Thanks for reaching out.

Once the account is closed, please allow 20 days to receive your final bill. This will will include a pro rats refund for any services that you've paid for, but have not used, we'll also take the Early Termination Fee into account on your final bill, so if the credit due is above £3.50, it'll be cancelled out.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tony24601
Dabbler

" Once the account is closed, please allow 20 days to receive your final bill. "

You may be waiting 3 months for your final bill...

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@adam945 wrote:

Hi @Marksfish - Thanks for reaching out.

Once the account is closed, please allow 20 days to receive your final bill. This will will include a pro rats refund for any services that you've paid for, but have not used, we'll also take the Early Termination Fee into account on your final bill, so if the credit due is above £3.50, it'll be cancelled out.

Hi Adam (or any other staff here). My migration has completed. I sent a message via Facebook, but it doesn't look as though it may have been abandoned as the last post was beginning of June!! Just wanting t make sure Sky notified of the move please.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Marksfish 

I'm sorry to see you've moved to another provider.

I can see one of my colleagues has messaged you via Facebook a few hours ago. 

All seems good from our side and we'll fully close your account and generate your final bill soon.

Let us know if there are any issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rippedoffme
Grafter

My Plusnet contracts end:- 

LRS 2-8-21

BB & Call Plan & UView TV 16-8-21

Due to price increases and TV and BT sport changes, I am considering a change in provider.

What I would like to know is when should I sign up to a new provider in order to minimize termination charges ,if any are applicable due to price increase.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @rippedoffme, thanks for getting in touch. As to avoid early termination fee's from generating then you'd need to look into setting up the service with another provide to take over for the after your contract ends on 16/08/21 or later. Usually if you give the new provider a call couple of weeks before this specifying the date then they should be able to place an order to complete after the end of the contract date.

It does mean that a further invoice may generate after your contract comes to an end however when the final fee's are calculated, you should receive the majority of the invoice amount back as a refund due to the service hopefully transferring over only a few days into the billing month.

Once placing the order with your new provider then you should receive an email within a few days from us advising "We're sorry to hear you're leaving.." This is indication that we've detected the new provider taking over and everything should close down automatically our side for you. If you don't receive this notification after a few days however then I'd recommend getting in touch with our cancellations team below who can make sure that everything shuts down this side correctly for when your new provider takes over.

They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps.