cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still being charged

imf
Hooked

still being charged

my contract ends tommorrow 23rd july 2020 and i have just been charged £16.90 plus the £8.47 i had in credit  for  billing period starting 22nd june. this bill was paid via credit as previous 2 bills had been overcharged i.e. discount had not been taken off. july 22nd to 21 st August is the bill i should have if i was staying.  I did expect a small amount to pay for 22nd july and 23rd july as  I AM NOT RENEWING CONTRACT SO ON THE 24TH JULY 2020 I  WILL NOT BE WITH PLUSNET. SOMEONE  ELSE IS TAKING OVER THE PHONE LINE AND IS GOING TO USE ANOTHER PROVIDER. GET IT SORTED OR i AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO OFCOM.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: still being charged

Technically you should be still being charged, as your service has not yet terminated.

If your billing date is before your termination date, you will be charged a full month as normal.  When the service ACTUALLY transfers any remaining credit will be refunded subsequently via the means paid - which is why it can be unwise to cancel payment facilities.

In general there is no assurance a transfer will happen on the planned date until it actually happens ... so the billing system does not part bill in anticipation that all goes to plan amongst the various parties.  It bills normally (a month in advance for phone and broadband and in arrears for phone calls) and then credits any monies owed after the services have ceased.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

imf
Hooked

Re: still being charged

Why should I still pay when I will no longer have a phone line which will be disconnected  24th july no calls in or out. My phone line is with BT not Plusnet. I did not request a rolling contract and have informed Plusnet that I was changing provider. I have since decided that my health is not up to continually fighting with Plusnet and I have now given up my phoneline. I do not have a mobile phone so I will not have any contact with anyone.