Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status of my Fibre order

leehowarth
Grafter

status of my Fibre order

Hi
I ordered fibre recently and selected an installation date of 03/01/14. I have not received my fibre router and having just checked the status it is showing as not dispatched.
Please can you advise the status of the order  as I have already booked the day off work.
regards
13 REPLIES 13
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: status of my Fibre order

Even if there is a delay with the router you can still test the connection using a single PC connected to the modem the engineer will supply. See http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
leehowarth
Grafter

I see, so does the BT engineer supply the modem? If that's the case then I'll be ok, I can use an old cable router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Yes, the BT engineer supplies the modem. If you can configure a PPPoE WAN connection using your old router you should be OK.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi leehowarth,
I'm sorry to say there's been a problem with the order and an engineer won't be attending tomorrow morning, really sorry about the late notice. I've put a ticket on your account with a bit more detail, please let us know if the new install date needs moving at all.
leehowarth
Grafter

Ive got to say this is really disapointing, It has taken Plusnet 6 days to tell me my order has failed the day before the installation. I have now wasted one of my holidays which I cannot cancel and Plusnet have told me that not only do I have to wait a further 2 weeks I will not be compensated for this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
You are entitled to proper compensation.
leehowarth
Grafter

cheers for this, I am going to give Plusnet the opportunity to do the right thing first, ive now got 2 weeks to wait and see what their response is. They're not the only ISP around and there are some pretty tasty cashback offers through Quidco and BT.
dick:quote
leehowarth
Grafter

Poor service indeed, its now the 14th and another no show by the engineer - this time I am informed the job wasnt put through correctly so an engineer never got booked.
This is so poor I am flabbergasted, what has happened Plusnet? Are you a victim of your own success because all I have received this past few weeks is the kind of service I would expect from the likes of TalkTalk:
-incorrectly placed orders
-No communication
-No offer to compensate for 2 days wasted waiting in for an engineer.
To make matters worse Plusnet immediately rebooked the order for tomorrow without consulting me first (back to the communication issue) and i'm not available tomorrow. Also I am informed Plusnet cannot rebook a second time so I have to wait for the engineer to fail the job before they can request another visit.
Needless to say I have now cancelled my fibre order and will be moving to another supplier at the first opportunity.
PS: the 15 minute wait on the customer service phone line was the final nail for me.
leehowarth
Grafter

Update:
Despite an assurance the order would be cancelled BT have been today and left an out card.
I now have no internet, I'm guessing BT have done something at the cab.
Will someone at plus net please address this?
I'm currently in a 30 minute queue on the phone.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see you got through to our team alright and it looks like everything's on its way to being sorted out - please let us know if that's not the case or there's anything we can do to help?
leehowarth
Grafter

Thanks Matt, unfortunately it still isn't sorted. Its now been almost 3 weeks without internet.
I had a hissy fit and Plusnet agreed to allow me to terminate my contract early without penalty, which is good, although Plusnet also refused to rectify the broadband issue while i wait for an order with another company which is not good.
I ordered superfast broadband with a well known monopoly but i've just found out that they were unable to send my router so have cancelled my order and I now have to wait another 2 weeks as I have had to re-order it again 😞
Earlier today I tried calling Plusnet to see if they could make me a reasonable offer to stay with them but after 20 minutes waiting on hold I gave up. Plusnet do have better on hold music on the phone, ill give them a bonus point for that 🙂
If someone from Plusnet fancies giving me a call and making me an offer im all ears, BT offered me 6 months Infinty 1 for free. If you can match that I would be a happy chappy.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that this situation hasn't been resolved yet.
I just tried to call you, however, you were not available. If you would like to discuss this further please private message me your mobile number and I will give you a call later this afternoon.
Thanks,
Linn
batman1056

It could be worse I have been waiting since November!
Called several times  waiting 20-30mins each time. same response it will be done in the next few days,
Poor service and Poor quality, if I was the manager I would have sacked the lot of them.