Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spurious charges for 1471

steve17

spurious charges for 1471

Hi,

new to this and plusnet so heregoes

I got two charges of 20p and customer services  said it was because I rang back using call back option.

they wanted to send an engineer for £65 which would be payable if my line was ok!

I used 1471 but only to see if anyone rang, i got a number was hidden number message.

I did not press to ring back twice as plusnets infallible equipment showed and charged for!

I am the only person living here and my pet cat is passed on.

anyone else had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: spurious charges for 1471

If you had phone with caller id (CLID) you'd have no need to ring 1471; if 1471 offered to ring the number
that called, don't use unless in your call options. If no number was generated, can't see why PN would charge.
The separate issue of OPENREACH's charge applies, if you have a fault and it's determined
fault is not between exchange and your master socket, but with your internal wiring/ accessories eg phones\filters\splitter sockets.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @steve17

This does sound quite strange, however it does appear that the feature was used on your line. Looking at the notes on your account, I understand you've agreed to keep an eye on this and let us know if you notice any other suspicious activity.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
steve17

Hi, I  thought to check the rest of my bill, no calls made lasting any length at all.

If the calls were made at any time they would show on my bill!  Surely?

I do NOT click to CONNECT any option to Auto Dial via "the operator" I'll dial it myself.  IT IS CHEAPER.

Its only 40p but it is the principal of the thing!  I do not steal (take money that isn 't mine or falsely claimed)  I think PN hould stand up to BIG brother.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@steve17 wrote:

Hi, I  thought to check the rest of my bill, no calls made lasting any length at all.

If the calls were made at any time they would show on my bill!  Surely?

Looking at your account, there are calls showing on the itemised phone bill.

You can view your itemised phone bill here: https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_itemised_billing&view_bill_date=

This initially shows a break down of the type of call and total numbers of calls/duration, however clicking view details will show a break down of each call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet