cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specifying install date / initial account summary '£81.00 cancellation fee'

pauljm

specifying install date / initial account summary '£81.00 cancellation fee'

I just signed up as a new customer with unlimited ADSL + line only phone contract 12 months
1. Web form did not allow me to specify an install date for phone or adsl service (like virgin/Bt)
  so I assumed I would be contacted and was then surprised to find next day that phone line had been
  enabled in the property I will only be moving into next week  .. line had been disconnected after
  previous resident, so since it is vacant not a big problem ... but seems short-sighted in web forms ?
  (I intended to ring to check date but the installed email beat me to it)
2. Initial account summary has a line from date of purchase showing
    Product : unlimited broadband
    cost      : £81.00 (upon cancellation)
    Order status : Complete
  I have not been charged £81.00 (yet) but what is this ?
  T&C's http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
    show potential cancellation fee per month Unlimited Broadband & Phone £10.75
    and there would also be cessation fee.
Cheers, Paul
3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: specifying install date / initial account summary '£81.00 cancellation fee'

Hi pauljm,
Thank you for raising this query with us about your order.
I can see from looking on your account that the line at your new property is a stopped line which means the order can progress a lot quicker. The phone line part of the can usually take 3-5 working days to complete but sometime can activate the next working day or even the same day. After this your broadband can take 5 to 7 working days to complete on your line.
As for the £81 charge that is the cancellation fee for the phone line of the contract as it stands on its own but this would change once the broadband order completes. I can also see that you have also spoke to one of my colleagues on the phone today relating to this query this morning.
pauljm

Ben,
        Thanks for the rapid reply you gave, although the contract does indeed allow you to install immediately phone / BB; 
I guess that an 'interlock' would have prevented this causing involuntary disconnect of an existing residents phone without their agreement  ..
I still expected to be asked about install date, people moving house and reserving in advance must be a common occurrence .. or
maybe not otherwise web interface would already have that option ! (your colleague did say there was any other comments
field where possibly I could have made an install date request)
Thanks again, Paul

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi pauljm,
                  With the type of line connection that you have there was no service on the line when the order was placed which is a start of stopped line order. Like I mentioned in my previous response the orders can progress faster on this type of line.
As for install dates, these will not show on the order process because there is no install required for this type of order.