cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocking

vblanche

shocking

Hi,
setup a broadband&phone value 10GB account in june 2011 for £6.49 + phone line rental, today the package "extra broadband+phone" is £5.74...I'm furious, I've just asked to be upgraded and answer is NO...even more furious now. Why is that? is it the way PlusNet is keeping its customers? It's just disgusting. plenty of other ISPs, so I will cancel my account and bye-bye PlusNet.
7 REPLIES 7
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: shocking

I'm afraid that half-price offer is only available for 'new' customers and only lasts for 12 months. Obviously this isn't great for current customers but these sort of things happen with other ISPs or even companies in different sectors. You can either curse your bad luck in timing or keep switching all the time any new offer arrives.
That's RPM to you!!
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The fact is it is your responsibility, not Plusnets, to ensure you are on the best product / package for your needs. This is true with many other companies, not just in the ISP sector. Plusnet are a business to make a profit and don't switch people to new products automatically because they have no way to determine if the new product is suitable for a customer, only you can decide that.
It is also a fact that many companies have special offer prices to attract new customers which are time limited and often not available to existing customers. In order to increase their customer base, and thus a chance of making a profit, they have to employ 'loss leaders' to attract them.
This situation will exist with any ISP.... moving may give you a better price for a short time but then the special offer will lapse and the price often goes up. If you don't keep up with product changes on the new ISP, will you blame them again?
Price is not the only factor you need to take account of... quality of service and often speed of service can be more important.
Ultimately it is your decision to leave but the fact is it was your fault for not monitoring the new products being offered (which Plusnet do inform you about in emails unless you have opted out and also put info on the website) and not moving to them.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The offer you took up was an introductory offer and no doubt at that time there were existing customers would have loved to have take that package out that you received.
However you are an existing customer now and as such are not entitled to that introductory offer as pointed out by RPMozley.
To be honest I'm not quite sure why you're so irate about it, insurance, mobile companies and banks all follow silimar practices as do PN's competitors and you are free to switch to one of them.
Things you need to weigh up are if you switch are you tied into to a long contract with another company that might offer inferior service and support etc.
Do your research and make your choice..
edit: missed out word.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

This is really no worse than being told that the local supermarket has a fantastic offer then finding it's finished when you go there.
I personally don't like introductory offers and would rather see a price reduction across the board for all customers but this is the way businesses operate nowadays.  BT, TalkTalk, Sky, Virgin Media etc. ALL do the same thing with offers changing depending on what the competition are doing or how current 'market forces' are affecting business (or simply to meet a specific corporate target).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
vblanche

Thanks for your replies. I can't believe that you're accepting so easily, I will try to get something even if it's the way of this industry and others work
Ok, they want to attract new customers, no problem, but it does not make to loose some at the same time, this will affect their customer base.
quality of service: well, not so great, keep having connections drop, skype bad quality and when I want to troubleshoot with them, then of course it's not from their side...blablabla...
so, I can cancel my current account and re-open one?
thanks again.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
You'd be able to move to the Extra account if you wish, but I don't think we'd be able to apply the discounts - although having said that if you call and talk to our customer options team they may well be able to arrange something for you. They're available on our standard support number.
Hope you manage to get something sorted Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

you are free to do that I suppose, though you will have to pay a disconnection feee and will probably be without broadband for a week or two.
there is nothing to stop you ringing cancellations and trying to negotiate something.
Quote from: vblanche
quality of service: well, not so great, keep having connections drop, skype bad quality and when I want to troubleshoot with them, then of course it's not from their side...blablabla...

have your raised a fault?
edit: meh, Matt beat me.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'