cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service restrictions. I have had enough of this.

Angrycustomer2

service restrictions. I have had enough of this.

I have failed my payment, but am within the 2 weeks leway you are sup[posed to provide, and yet again have had my services restricted, even though the contract I agreed to stated this would not happen. More than this, the main site u have restricted me from is your own site, so I am unable to pay the bill. This is the third time this has happened in the few years I have been with you, and I am finished with it. You  assure me you are rolling out a fix, but we are now 4 years on and it is still happening. Please inform me of the cancelation process. I am done with your travesty of a service and will swap providers. 

7 REPLIES 7
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: service restrictions. I have had enough of this.

Have you thought about moving your payment/billing date to something more suitable that fits around your financial situation.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Angrycustomer2 wrote:

I have failed my payment, but am within the 2 weeks leway you are supposed to provide, and yet again have had my services restricted, even though the contract I agreed to stated this would not happen.

I have had a read through the contract (https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/) and note the following clauses:

6.1. If you don't pay your bill, we'll remind you (for example by calling or interrupting your broadband service). If we still don't receive payment we may:

6.1.2. suspend providing the service or end our agreement. We normally won't do this until 14 days after your bill was available to view

I suggest that it comes down to interpretation. My assumption is that disconnecting your service on non-payment and re- enabling it after you contact Plusnet counts as interrupting your service. Whilst disconnecting it and not re-enabling it until you pay is suspending the service.

Consequently, I see no breach of the contract conditions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Angrycustomer2, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I am really sorry that you're services have been restricted and it's not the first time this has happened. 

Once your account enters failed billing, we allow 14 days to make payment before full restrictions are applied however, before this point your browsing will be interrupted as a reminder payment is outstanding. You should be able to bypass the interruption your side, though if having issues doing so, we can certainly assist with this for you. 

If you can send me over a PM with your username, I can certainly assist with getting the interruption removed for you (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread).

I am really sorry that this is making want to cancel with us and is certainly not what we want. You can call and discuss cancellation with our Customer Options Team, they are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Angrycustomer2

Unfortunately, I'm a disabled customer, and have recently lost my support due to the national crisis and I dont know my username, or number, as my support worker dealt with it all. Will you tell me why i can get onto youtube, or use google, but am unable to use my disabled forum, I get your splash screen, and am unable to get to your website to pay the bill or have a conversation with someone? This is absurd , and not the first time it has happened. You tell us its a mistake and that you'll remove the bar and it wont ever happen again. Then low and behold, u do it again, causing distress and cut me off from my essential support network as a disabled man. The reason I picked your service is becauses , I dont get a monthly payment, so sometimes the money isnt in the account when the DD is due. I am well aware of your supposed process, but thats rubbish. u dont allow me to get round it my end, and never have, and disable my access to the one place I could resolve the issue without generating a contact with your service centre. That's ridiculous. Entirely. I dont know my number as there's no telephone plugged in, and cant even get to talk to your customer service team on the telephone because u wont allow me to get past the enter telephone number section. Im in limbo, again, and feel that not only do you not care about your customers, the original sale to me was fraudulent. I have repeatedly told you my situation, from the moment you tried to sell me the package and dont feel at all valued, or even that you have kept up your end of the deal. I am at a loss as to how to deal with this as I will not be able to find the username or telephone number without your help, and you seem hellbent on diverting your customer's form being able to talk to you. 

Angrycustomer2

I'm not all that bothered how you see it. I was told when I purchased this, by a salesman, that if I was up to 2 weeks late paying, my service would not be interrupted. As a moderator, I dont really see your need to engage, unless you are going to arrange a call to help me, and if u would like to follow any further, please look to the responses I have just made to the plusnet rep. 

Angrycustomer2

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's part of the problem Shep. Im disabled, on ESA and dont get a monthly payment, but in 2 and 4 weekly payments. Living hand to mouth like this, it is sometimes impossible to ensure the money is in there when the DD comes out. I went through all of this with the person who signed me up in the 1st place and was assured that there would be no interruption of service if I was up to 2 weeks late paying. thanks for the suggestion though. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you for getting back to Me. I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your support, I can certainly appreciate this must make things difficult for you and do want to do all I can to help. 

I'm very sorry that expectations weren't correctly set about our failed billing process when you joined and for the problems this has caused you since, please know it's not the experience we want you to have. 

Do you receive your emails from us about the account? If so and you have access to this, your emails will contain your account username. Not to worry though, if you can send me a PM with your full address including postcode, I'll be able to locate your account that way and can take a further look at the account for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team