Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rocket scientist required

FIXED
Stevie65
Grafter

rocket scientist required

It seems that I need a genius to be able to tell me how to pay a bill if I don't have a plusnet username. Plusnet can't help. Here can't help. I'm changing provider today to someone who can help. Thanks for nothing plusnet.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rocket scientist required

I've seen a few posts from yourself @Stevie65 but to be honest I have not read them all, but if you are accessing the internet using a Plusnet service then you will have a username. When you subscribed to the service you would have given them this information. So I am confused as to why you don't have one assuming you are one of their broadband customers.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

I fear that you don't need to be a rocket scientist, you just need to follow the advice given on your other post. Admin gets you into your router, not onto the internet. Once you gain access you will find your username and blanked out password as described by people trying to help in your other post. This will have both been communicated to you when you signed up then automatically downloaded to your router to get you connected to the internet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Stevie65
Grafter

No nobody has told me how to access it. They have said go on my router and nothing more. I've been on every page and nowhere does it give my username for paying a bill online only info as to how to connect to the jnternet. If you want to provide further clarity with a screen shot of exactly where it is that might help. Just telling it's on there when it isn't isn't any help.

To the person saying I had a username yes I did. 5 years ago never needed to use it two house moves since I don't have it have no emails from them. If I had it I wouldn't be asking
Stevie65
Grafter

Yes it was communicated to me 5 years ago. I am asking to help because I no longer have it. Telling me off like a child because I know longer have it is of no use
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

They have told you how to log into the router, where you will find your PN username.

However, it may be easier for you to follow by looking at the video on the Help Pages

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Sorry, I can't help with screenshots as I don't use a Plusnet router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Stevie65
Grafter

The router log in simply tells me the admin and password I need to connect my broadband to a device. Not how to find the username and password to access Plusnet's online payment service. Someone posted some screen shots and again they were to find the information I already have - the admin (username) and password to connect to the internet.

Stevie65
Grafter

Mustrum why are you adding a link to a you tube video to tell me where to find the admin and password to connect my broadband yet again? click on the link yourself and tell me where it tells me how to log in to plus net on line service to pay my bill?  I have my plusnet card with admin and the password to connect to the internet.

again I think I need a rocket scientist because I can't seem to explain or you can't seem to understand what I need.

I can connect to the internet. I have my plusnet card that tells me how to connect a device to the internet using admin and a password. Please stop telling me how to find what I already have.

I need to access Plus net online with a username and password (not the router or the internet) to pay a bill. 

Stevie65
Grafter

I wish there was a down facing thumb to click on.

I may be coming across more annoyed than I would like but it is really frustrating when I'm being told that people have already told me how to do it when they are telling me something completely different and I've now spent 17 hours following instructions which are incorrect and give me things I've already got that I could have been earning a living.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevie65, I don't use the Plusnet provided router but once you have logged in you will see an entry for Internet Connection I would suggest clicking in there where you may well find a field containing XXXXXX@plus.net. Where the XXXXXX is the Username you would have provided when you signed up.

It would be this along with the @plus.net you would use to log in to allow you to pay your bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In all fairness @Stevie65 I don't think the instructions provided by any of the posters are wrong, however it may well be your interpretation of them that is.

Stevie65
Grafter

Yes they are wrong.

1. Telling me I can look on emails for a username and password when I have already said that I don't get emails from plusnet - how is that useful to me?

2. sending me a link to find the admin password to log on to my router with my laptop - I can already do that and already have that password it is not answering the question I asked so it is wrong.

You can prove it wrong by simply typing the correct answer of how to log on to plusnet to pay my bill and where I can recover THAT username and password that I was originally given 5 years ago and no longer have. 

Stevie65
Grafter

Thanks for trying to help but the information you put in that reply isn't on there. 

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I see the frustration in your replies, but you must remember that so far, only customers have answered your question. Hopefully a PN rep will come along and be able to sort the issue, in the meantime, you need to take a chill pill and try not to get wound up with other customers.

For my tuppenceworth (can't help with router page as I use my own), do you access the member centre at all? Do you ever look at your monthly bill? If so, whatever you enter into that page to gain access to your bill will be your username.

Mark