Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requested home move but address not yet updated

yellowyorangeca

requested home move but address not yet updated

View Profile
« on Today at 18:45 »
Hello,
I recently moved address a few weeks ago and requested the account (phone line and normal broadband to be upgraded to fibre) to be transferred to my new address but was told my phone line and the fibre broadband would not be activated (weeks later) until the line was activated and fibre installed yesterday (Tues 29th) - I have set up my existing router to the openrach modem but have not been able to get online.  All the lights on the modem are green (exc LAN2) and the lights on the router are solid green excluding the internet which is not illuminated and the broadband is flashing.
I tried calling plusnet yesterday but gave up after 20mins, I again called today convinced there was a broadband fault, got through to the broadband tech issues  dept, after half an hour spoke to Chris who said my old address and old broadband was still on my account and that it looked like my homemove had not been successful he then transferred me to the home move dept and as I entered the queue was warned it would be about 30 minutes - I went away to the kitchen for a matter of 2 minutes and came back and it sounded like I was cut off.
Can this be resolved soon - I really need the internet for my work and am currently hooking my mobile up to the laptop but this is slow and eating credit.
I posted this in the broadband forum but have had no help as yet.
Hopefully someone at plusnet can speed this up soon!
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: requested home move but address not yet updated

Plusnet staff don't monitor this forum outside of office hours and you posted the same query in Broadband & Routers an hour ago.
Expect this thread to be locked by a moderator shortly Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Other one locked as this is probably the correct place
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I have set up my existing router to the openrach modem but have not been able to get online.  All the lights on the modem are green (exc LAN2) and the lights on the router are solid green excluding the internet which is not illuminated and the broadband is flashing.
If the router is an ADSL version, then even if your Fibre service is live that won't work. You need a router with a WAN port (normally called a cable router). If you have the PlusNet TG582n router then it may be possible to reflash the firmware with the FTTC version which turns LAN port 4 into a WAN port. See here for available firmwares http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi yellowyorangecat,
Looks like your account was updated this morning so I'd hope everything's complete for you now? Please advise if not.