Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referrers Bounty. Is offer still on

juliasdream
Grafter

referrers Bounty. Is offer still on

I have enjoyed taking advantage of the referrers bounty offer
Then recently I saw the offer of being entered into a prize draw for each referral
I'm really not interested in making the efforts I go to to find Plusnet new customers only to be rewarded with prize draw entries
Does this prize draw thing replace the bounty rewards or is it in addition to it?
I'd like to know before I go on advertising Plusnet to all my customers
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: referrers Bounty. Is offer still on

Hi there,
I'm afraid that the Referral Bounty offer was removed on April 30th and the recent prize draw is completely separate.
You do continue to receive the usual credits against your monthly invoices for everyone that you refer to us, as has always been the case.
All the values are shown on this page:
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_discount_info.shtml?membermenu=referralvalu...
juliasdream
Grafter

Then it has in effect replaced the bounty
I'm a bit annoyed because last month I asked a help rep while on the phone if the bounty scheme was still on
I was told it was and would be for the forseeable future
now clearly untrue
Its a shame because it was a good incentive
personally I find prize draws no incentive at all
James
Grafter

Hiya,
The prize draw hasn't replaced the bounty offer.  It's just a one off stand alone referral prize draw that is being run.
I appreciate that you don't see prize draws as an incentive to refer, but I would hope that the increased reduction on your monthly subscriptions in addition to getting your friends onto a good service might do?
I'll address the issue with the analyst in question and I'm very sorry that you were informed incorrectly.
Not applicable

I agree with you @juliasdream, but playing devils advocate I can see PN's POV.
The bounty offer was a great incentive for those of us who got somebody to sign up, however as an ongoing incentive its not hugely newsworthy.
Giving somebody a car or holiday or something similar is more newsworthy however, and gives PN a greater chance of publicity.
Ongoing I'd have thought that the bounty payment would encourage current customers to refer, but the prize draws may generate fewer referrals as an offer in itself whilst increasing the exposure of PN to folks who have never heard of them.
My personal preference would be the bounty payment and ongoing discount rather than the chance of getting something with the likelyhood of getting nothing other than the ongoing discounts.
juliasdream
Grafter

thanks for the reply
I already do advise anyone who asks about internet providers to go with plusnet.
With the bounty offer I was going out of my way to do so
With the £30 bonus I was getting I was able to offer a free service to help them through all procedures from signing up to hardware setup.
the 25p or 50p a month is nice to get but not really worth all the time and trouble I was going to
Its a shame it couldnt be an ongoing thing as with my job I could find a lot of new customers for Plusnet