Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referrals value

hulls
Grafter

referrals value

Hi
Has the value of referrals been reduced.  Up until last month, I had one active referral, which reduced my bill by 50p per month.  I now have two active referrals, but my bill is still only reduced by 50p.  Huh
John
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: referrals value

Nope, the values haven't been reduced. The most common reason for this to happen is that one of your referrals has changed their account type to one with a lower referral value.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

It probably came about because Broadband Your Way Option 2 gives 25p but the older 'equivalent' Broadband Pay As You Go gave 50p. So referrers changing to the new product mean you lose 25p.
Jeff
hulls
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
Hi
Has the value of referrals been reduced.  Up until last month, I had one active referral, which reduced my bill by 50p per month.  I now have two active referrals, but my bill is still only reduced by 50p.  Huh
John

That'll be it then.  I moved from the old Premier account to BBYW option 2 a couple of months ago.  Oh well, I suppose nothing's as clear as it seems
zubel
Community Veteran

It would only affect you if the REFERRAL changed account types, not you.
If your second referral is a new signup, you may not have earned a 'token' from them yet.  What does it say in the Member Centre under 'Current Referrals' ?
B.
hulls
Grafter

It shows 2 referrals on BBYW option 2 at 25p each, but the second one only went on in the last month, and my transaction history shows a reduction of 50p a month going back a long way.  In fact the older of the two referrals shows 46 tokens and a value of £23 indicating a token value of 50p.
I'm not particularly worried (it's only a few pence).
It just seemed a little odd.
John
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: minkey
It probably came about because Broadband Your Way Option 2 gives 25p but the older 'equivalent' Broadband Pay As You Go gave 50p. So referrers changing to the new product mean you lose 25p.
Jeff

Did you miss that quote Cool Roll_eyes
hulls
Grafter

Pierre
I didn't miss the quote, but I don't think the numbers have changed recently.  I had a look at the referrals a couple of months (or more) ago, and the figures were identical (apart from the addition of the new ferral added a couple of weeks ago).
As I said, I'm not going to get too excited about a few pence.  But I think I need to get a few more referrals!
Wink
John
James
Grafter

That sounds like a good idea John Smiley
Just to let you all know, there's been no changes to referral credit values since Broadband Your Way (and subsequently Pro) were released.
The only changes referral wise have been the various bounty levels, during the time in which they were in force.