Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referral - option not given

frauleinkunst
Dabbler

referral - option not given

Hi all,
My mum has signed up to plusnet and I did it all for her online (she's not so good with websites)
At NO point did it give me the option to enter referral details, even though I referred my mum.
At first I tried doing it via email, but all that did was log me in as i was using my computer, so it just gave me the option to change my own package and not sign mum up.
So i figured as per the FAQ if i logged out and signed my mum up from the beginning, at some stage i could enter the details showing i had referred her and i was never given this opportunity,
what do i do?  Cry
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: referral - option not given

Raise a ticket on your account mentioning your mum's username and claiming the referral, and one on your mum's account confirming you referred her (giving your username). Customer Services should act on those and manually add the referral for you. Smiley
Once set up you should find the entry in My Referrals, but the first token doesn't accrue until the account has been active for a month.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you used a different browser when you signed her up it shouldn't have recognised you as an existing user. A bit late for you, but it may help others.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Once set up you should find the entry in My Referrals, but the first token doesn't accrue until the account has been active for a month.
and there's a problem at the moment which means that referral values for current broadband products are shown as £0.0.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: MisterW
and there's a problem at the moment which means that referral values for current broadband products are shown as £0.0.

Yes, time this was fixed, seems to have been going on for some time now, annoying as I have to check every now and then to see if my referral has been added....
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It should have given you the option at the bottom of the page when you created a username.

As spraxyt says, raise a ticket on your mum's account and we'll get that added for you.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Chris, does it still show that if there is a referal cookie?  Could one exist from the email or previously clicking on a referal link from somewhere else?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Phil,
It doesn't show at all if a referral is already entered (as it were), though it's not actually a cookie - it's down to the link that's clicked when you visit the site.
EDIT: Apologies. It is a cookie, it lasts 30 days before expiring.