cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your broadband order has successfully completed" -- but I didn't place one!

FIXED
saguaro
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"Your broadband order has successfully completed" -- but I didn't place one!

OK, this is weird. I just received a text saying that my broadband order has successfully completed, but I've had broadband with Plusnet for years and haven't ordered any changes lately! Is something going on,  or is this just SMS weirdness connected with my recently swapping my SIM back into my old mobile? I have a support chat request open, but it's taking a while and I wondered if the forum could shed some light.

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: "Your broadband order has successfully completed" -- but I didn't place one!

Fix

@saguaro

You may have received this SMS by mistake if Plusnet have switched you to their new network. It is supposed to be done secretly but sometimes an errant SMS gets sent. If you do a gateway check and the gateway name contains the letter "-IR" then you are on the network.

http://users.plus.net/@gateway/

This is just one possible solution.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
saguaro
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: "Your broadband order has successfully completed" -- but I didn't place one!

Thanks! Yes, the agent in the chat confirmed that. I can't check it right now because I'm not at home, but it's good to know there's nothing sinister going on.