cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We could not find the telephone number for your account" when calling (not 141)

racquel
Grafter

"We could not find the telephone number for your account" when calling (not 141)

Since a couple of weeks ago, when we call in on 0800 432 0200 now, we hear:
"We could not find the telephone number for your account".
But after manually entering the number, it recognises it. Our number is not withheld. I asked support:
Hi there; when calling now, I notice we get "we could not find the telephone number for your account", and I have to manually enter it. I am not withholding my number.
Is there a problem with the account?

And the following terse reply came:
Thank you for getting in touch.
There is no issue with your account.

So, if there's no issue with MY account, is this happening to everyone now then, or what?
13 REPLIES 13
picbits
Rising Star

Re: "We could not find the telephone number for your account" when calling (not 141)

If you dial 17070 or call a mobile phone, is your number as expected ?
It could just be that PN have not entered your number correctly on their backend system so it doesn't recognise it but then I would expect it to repeat the message when you enter it manually.
racquel
Grafter

Re: "We could not find the telephone number for your account" when calling (not 141)

Yup, 17070 confirms the correct number, and this has only happened in the last couple of weeks on a line we've had with Plusnet for over 3 years.
I just thought it was a bit odd.
picbits
Rising Star

Indeed - I'll put my money on a glitch in their back end systems then !
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is this using a cordless phone? If so you could try turning the basestation power off for a minute or so, then on again and see if the problem is still present.
David
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

????Huh
Not sure what the relevance of the instrument type is?  It has no bearing on the number presented to PN's systems...
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is happening to me too, but for longer than a few weeks. In fact I'd say since I got my second line installed. Whether this is coincidence I do not know, but when entered via the keypad works as expected!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: racquel
Yup, 17070 confirms the correct number,

What about the number displayed when you call a mobile?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Check here - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0 (login required) - that your contact numbers are correct.  Also check the "broadband provided on" number here - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 - bottom of the table.
@Mook,
Quote from: racquel
"We could not find the telephone number for your account".

I rather think is it a matter of "We cannot find the account for your telephone number (the one from which the call is being made)"
You have two accounts, which I guess each has the same contact phone number on.  In that situation the IVR system cannot discern which account the call relates to and thus asks for the phone number ... again!  I had exactly the same issue with my residential and business accounts, confused by my mobile number also being on the Church's account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Townman. Both accounts had the same phone number so this would explain the ! generated by the phone system. However, the addressed are different so I'll get that fixed after the holiday.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

PN have never recognised my number when I call either.  One the staff did answer my query about it once but I can't remember what/why they said.
racquel
Grafter

Well, the number is also correct when calling a mobile, and I only have one account.
So.... any other ideas?!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Did you check the two places Townman gave in reply #8?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
racquel
Grafter

Yup, sorry forgot to say - all tickety-boo in those places, too.