cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Service unavailable"

letterpigeon

"Service unavailable"

I recently missed my payment date by one day, and made a payment this morning, clearing any outstanding payments, however whenever I try to access certain websites (bbc sport, amazon), it redirects me to "http://failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed" still, which just says "We'll be right back!".

This is quite frustrating, I've tried restarting my router, but to no avail!

5 REPLIES 5
elmak

Re: "Service unavailable"

I have had a similar experience, however I have made payment to clear the outstanding bill the previous Friday the 23rd February. I have come up against the  message from PlusNet threatening to suspend my account while my kids or I are using the internet. This is extremely frustrating as after trying to speak to customer services I gave up after half an hour waiting with no response and no further information about my bill.

Never experienced this poor dealing with customer when it comes to billing from BT, Virgin ETC.

VERY POOR

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@letterpigeon,

Are you able browse to any website at all?

Is it just some which are giving  you this issue?

"No invoice in failed billing" is usually resolved by leaving your router switched off for over 65 minutes.

The account has no invoice in failed billing.

This error condition is being seen where either payment on the account is over due or (where a dynamic IP address is in use) a previous user of your current IP address (in the last 7 days) has an account payment which is over due.

If you have an over due payment then to resolve this issue you need to attend to the over due bill. If you do not have an over due payment, you need to force your connection to acquire a new IP address.

Use https://www.whatismyip.com/ to find your current external IP address and record it. Switch off your router for at least 65 minutes (to kill off your dynamic IP address lease) and reconnect. Use https://www.whatismyip.com/ again to verify that the address has changed. You should then be able to connect OK

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @letterpigeon

Sorry to hear you're having problems browsing the web after paying your bill.

I think I've fixed this for you now. Can you let us know if you're still seeing the failed billing page?

@elmak

From what I can see we haven't yet received your payment.

In the meantime you should still be able to browse the web. If you see a message prompting you to pay your bill you should be able to bypass that by clicking the button that says "I acknowledge and continue browsing"

Please let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
elmak

Thanks for the reply, today I received this message saying payment cleared accompanied with one saying my service is now restricted for non payment from plus’s net and now cannot access the internet. WHAT IS GOING ON???

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Can you reboot your router and let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet