cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Other usage"

onlyme2010

"Other usage"

Over the past 3 months, we have been hitting our useage limit far earlier than before.  Looking at the useage graph, a great deal of this is "other".  Is there anyway of finding what this is, and on which days it happens?
Obv. I dont want to raise this as a fault, if we have changed our usage patterns.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Mand
Grafter

Re: "Other usage"

Hi there,
You can see a daily breakdown of your usage in the Member Centre (although daily totals aren't broken down by protocol).
Other simply means something that doesn't have a full signature, or cannot be conclusively identified by our traffic management systems.
onlyme2010

i looked at this and couldnt see anything conclusive.  over the past two months my usage has increased by 5gb per month, along wiht nighttime usage increasing.  i can not think why this should be happening. 
my wireless is secure, no virus etc etc.
any ideas?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Try switching your router off overnight and see if the night time usage still occurs. If it does then clearly there is an issue that PN need to sort out.
If you leave your PC(s) on overnight try leaving the router on and PC(s) off and see if the usage still occurs. If it does, something on your PC(s) is causing it or your wireless is not as secure as you think.
Do the same again but with router on but wireless and PCs off. If usage no longer occurs someone / something else is using the connectin.
In other words try and isolate where the usage is coming from by removing things from the connection.
onlyme2010

been trying to view my usage since the 1st, but apparently ive not used anything?!
Mand
Grafter

Strange, I'm looking into this at the moment.
onlyme2010

still getting :
You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing month.
It can take up to 2 hours for your usage to show up - please check again later.

it does make me doubt the realibility of the system, and whether i have been incorrectly charged over the past couple of months.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi OnlyMe,
If you disconnect and reconnect you should re-authenticate with the usage platform and your usage will start showing.
Hope that helps,