cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oops, that offer is not available" - Contract renewal offer in my dashboard...

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

"Oops, that offer is not available" - Contract renewal offer in my dashboard...

So my contract ends on the 11th Feb., and looking in my dashboard there's an offer of £27.99 (with £50 cashback, not exactly bothered about that though) for being with Plusnet, having been poking about the internet looking at 4g stuff and VoIP and totalling it all up, it's about the same either way (albeit the 4G speeds are faster than FTTC here, having acquired that 4G USB stick last year when there was that "potential to last until February" fault & using that on and off to compare the two), so, I clicked the "Renew your contract" button...

"Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" 🙄

Apparently that offer isn't available, yet is offered in my dashboard, so I'm somewhat confused, and owing to telephone anxiety problems having gotten worse this past year (can't think why!) I'm highly reluctant to call the provided number, and at the moment, I can't be bothered going through the price comparisons, so would appreciate some feedback on this...

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: "Oops, that offer is not available" - Contract renewal offer in my dashboard...

Not a great deal of help, @twocvbloke , but I had an 'offer' to upgrade to FTTC from ADSL - clicked it, and had the same response - back to dashboard and it's gone. Huh . Not too bothered, cos I'm going in April/May more than likely, but I figure the BT management/advisers/foul-up merchants have taken over PN entirely, so nothing surprises me any more.

John
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Re: "Oops, that offer is not available" - Contract renewal offer in my dashboard...

For me, the offer has remained in my dashboard after clicking, so, it's either there, or it isn't, but something on the system thinks it is, but, erm, it isn't, very confusing...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

I'm even more confused now - it worked for me this time, but when I said 'keep current package' it kept on with the renewal process - I just logged out, as I'm not changing.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@twocvbloke wrote:

.... and owing to telephone anxiety problems having gotten worse this past year (can't think why!) I'm highly reluctant to call the provided number, and at the moment, I can't be bothered going through the price comparisons....

If you make time to look at the price comparison sites, find a cheap mainstream competitors price, ring the Customer options tean ans select the 'I'm thinking of leaving option' and quoting this price you might end up addressing your telephone anxiety problem and save some money in one go.

I have always beat the renewal offer price by following this route.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@twocvbloke 

Further to what Baldrick1 said above about the customer options team, also recommended by Gandalf in this post where he gave the direct number to that department.

When I used it to negotiate a discount late last November I got through with no wait other than listening to a Covid-19 'delays' announcement.

0800 013 2632 - Option1 (when I used it), I can't remember opening hours.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@twocvbloke wrote:

Apparently that offer isn't available, yet is offered in my dashboard, so I'm somewhat confused, and owing to telephone 

I have that offer too, but contract isn't up until June. I won't be taking them up on it as it is £1pm more than I currently pay.  That said, I can't take them up on it as I have the same problem as you.

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

@Baldrick1 wrote:

you might end up addressing your telephone anxiety problem and save some money in one go.

Bit of a misunderstanding as to what "telephone anxiety" is, it's a case of having near-panic attacks when the need to make a call arises or when a call comes in unexpectedly from someone or something you don't know, hence my avoiding wanting to make a call for the deal...

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It sounds a bit like the "great offers" plusnet email I had recently. There was a list of offers in it and a little note under many saying this offer only available to new customers.

Not forgetting the other little note about prices going up in March. So even if you could get the offer price it wouldn't stay there very long.

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Tried again today and it actually went through, so another 18 months with plusnet, mostly cos it was either talktalk or vodafone for alternatives at cheaper or similar prices, and vodafone makes you use their own locked-down router, which I hated...

Was interested in the whole VoIP and 4G internet setup, but the former seems to be more of a pain to port numbers with from BT-based services apparently, and I don't want a break in that particular service, 4G internet though isn't a problem as my Huawei USB stick & Smarty SIM work perfect on my ZyXel router as a fall-back backup as it is, so even if the phonelines fall over, then I can stay online more readily at least... 🙂