cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quidco not honouring deal

chrcoluk
Grafter

quidco not honouring deal

I signed up to plusnet via the quidco site.
plusnet staff had to manually unstick my order but the actual order was done entirely online.
my order initially showed as tracked on the quidco site but the date kept been pushed back.
Now it says declined.  no reason given just declined.
I then enteredmy name and order number on the quidco site and it appears to be now stating plusnet are forcing quidco to wait before submitting details, this isnt really acceptable.
Please check into this.
here is what quidco is currently quoting.
Thanks for submitting a cashback claim for Plusnet.
We have put your claim on hold for now, as this retailer has a claims waiting period, during which time they will not accept a claim from us.
Please don't worry, though, as we will contact you again to advise you when we send your claim to Plusnet.
For an indication of how long the claim may take to be resolved, please refer to the average claims processing times on the retailer's page.
Kind regards,
Quidco Support
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: quidco not honouring deal

Hi, sorry about this - tried chasing it with our marketing team but unfortunately as things stand there's not a lot to go on. Any chance you could add the screenshots you mention, along with the claim reference and also if possible the order reference you put in when signing up via quidco, onto a ticket on your account? That way we'll be able to chase it up and make sure you get the payment.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Ok I raised a ticket, added 2 screenshots, the 2nd is of email receipt. Also added the order number.
I spoke to quidco again who are stating I have to wait for 4 months for a claims process  Cry
They wont give me a claims reference number and I cannot find one anywhere.
hex
Grafter

I wonder if this is because in the Quidco Plusnet cashback T&Cs it states:
'Cashback will be declined if you cancel your broadband within the first 4 months'
So effectively the claim is on hold (as per their response) until you have paid for 4 months then it will be submitted to plusnet?    Seem to remember this used to be a lot shorter (a month or two perhaps?) so it might be a recent change?
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah the 4 months is a big coincidence.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, we can't find any pending claims on our system so we've either approved it or not received it (we don't deny claims very often as if they don't fit the criteria they don't come through to us). As such we're trying to identify if we've already approved and there's an issue on the quidco side of things. We'll let you know as soon as we hear back.
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok thanks for checking into it, I hope to hear back from you soon.
dick:quote
chrcoluk
Grafter

quidco claimed a few days to have bounced it back to plusnet, are marketing staff still saying there is nothing?
I find the whole thing weird, I gave order number, screenshots, that alone should be enough to prompt action.  I consider the cashback as part of my sales contract.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Cashback given by a 3rd party has nothing to do with your contract with PN, the only way it would, is if it was offered by PN directly and was in the terms and conditions at the point of signup.
Hope you get your cashback sorted Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrcoluk
Grafter

I would say it has a lot do with it, you think cashback has no affect on plusnet sales and competitiveness of the isp?  Notice how not all companies have cashback deals, clearly specific companies are choosing to use cashback for sales.
Of course it is a way of pushing responsibility to a 3rd party company.
So the contract of the broadband service is with plusnet, the signup to the service done via quidco.  The idea been if the cashback fails to materialise the company offering the promotion (plusnet) can say not our fault tough luck, but what I am looking at here is the terms of sale not the terms of service, if the cashback doesnt materialise the sale itself is void and as such the service contract is invalid.
You also forget quidco contracts are specifically different in that there is also no refferal system for people signing up via quidco.
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chrcoluk,
Nope, we've received the claim from Quidco now so have approved it and sent it back Smiley Hope they're not too long in paying now, but our bit is done I promise you that.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Ok thanks for the update matt, thats good news.  It be interesting to see if quidco try and hold on to it for 4 months or process it quickly.
chrcoluk
Grafter

sorry to bring this up again, but since I last updated where quidco told me plusnet approved the refferal, its stuck, still status declined (even tho they told me approved) and no confirmation or anything since then, quidco ignoring my queries.
If quidco are holding cash (to gain interest on it), I want to know, so if possible please let me know if payment has been released thanks.
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok seems resolved now, quidco replied, they claiming plusnet still havent sent payment but out of goodwill are going to send me the money before they recieve it and finally I have been set to confirmed status.