cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about when my contract ends

steveo3002
Dabbler

question about when my contract ends

my contract ends in a couple of months , will i be contacted with a decent offer to stay or is up to me to choose another service with you or elsewhere and organise that  

id rather stay if you can match the price or close to it 

or better off to sign up again ?  would i be eledgeble for the cash card you offer?

p.s tried the online chat but no good 

7 REPLIES 7
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: question about when my contract ends

Hi @steveo3002, thank you for getting in touch with us.

The customer options team are in charge of new offers for existing customers. To discuss these aspects of your account, you can contact them as per the following contact information below:

Telephone number:

0800 013 2632

Opening Times:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
steveo3002
Dabbler

is that all you care for existing customers ?   i have to phone up and beg to not be ripped off

easier to go elsewhere i guess 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @steveo3002 

I'm sorry to hear that this is how you feel, and that you are not happy with the reply that @Beyhive provided. 

I'm afraid that we are unable to go through new contracts etc via this communication method, however, I may be able to answer some of your initial questions in some form of detail; 

my contract ends in a couple of months , will i be contacted with a decent offer to stay or is up to me to choose another service with you or elsewhere and organise that  

Looking at your account I can see that we sent you a personalised account review a few days ago, however if you are currently opted out of marketing you may not have received this. The offer that was included can still be provided by the Customer Options team if you give them a ring.

id rather stay if you can match the price or close to it 

Comparing the offer to what you are currently paying there seems to be some difference, but again, the COT teams can discuss this with you as it is outside of our remit here in the Forums. 

or better off to sign up again ?  would i be eledgeble for the cash card you offer?

AFAIK the reward cards/cashback offers are for new customer - without going into too much detail, it appears that you received on of these yourself when taking out your current contract. 

Hopefully this has given you some further information.  Let us know how the conversation with COT goes! 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

steveo3002
Dabbler

thought i was getting a cash card when i signed up only to be told no...theres probbaly an old post showing me asking 

was disappointed with that too....can you chace it up if i was entitled ?

what makes a new customer ..would a different family member in same house work?

yes i got the email , no mention of pricing 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @steveo3002,

I do apologise for the previous response. I can see that you contacted us about cashback last November and I looked into this and provided a response on the ticket here.

A different family member in the same house would count as a new customer if they were to sign up with us. However, this isn't something that we would recommend as we would need to cancel your services and then arrange for our supplier to reactivate the line for the new account and you would be without service during this process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
steveo3002
Dabbler

thank you for the reply 

ive checked the emails and indeed i have a price to renew my line rental by paying upfront  , no mention of what the broadband would cost?  can you message /email me this info 

also if i decide to with another provider do i need to contact you to terminate or does going with someone else automaticly do this ?

sorry for all the questions

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @steveo3002 

Thanks for getting back to us.

no mention of what the broadband would cost?  can you message /email me this info 

I'm afraid that members of our team are unable tot do this, and would point you towards our Customer Options team again to receive this information.

also if i decide to with another provider do i need to contact you to terminate or does going with someone else automaticly do this ?

This totally depends on how you place the order with the new provider - should you place a working line take over, we would get notified of this. If you place a new order then we would need to know that you wish to cancel this current service. 

sorry for all the questions

No worries at all - I'm sorry that we can only answer certain ones on this support platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Alisdair