cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query re new fibre account and delivery of router

joamaraki

query re new fibre account and delivery of router

Hi
I am transferring from fttc with BT to fttc with Plusnet and when setting up the account online I was given an appointment date for next Monday 28th. I have some queries
1. As I already have fibre & a BT modem will I actually receive/need an engineers visit?
2. I see from my online account details that a router has not yet been ordered. As my start date is Monday is this correct? If so I am not sure I will I receive it on time. I do have the BT Home Hub 3 and, after reading your library article, could probaby configure that, but I would like to confirm that the account is on schedule to be transferred on the 28th and there are no issues with the router arriving.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: query re new fibre account and delivery of router

Hi joamaraki,
For some reason the order hadn't been placed, I've placed this now and your order will go through on the 1st November, you'll use the modem which you still have and a router is due to be dispatched to you prior to that.
The BT Home Hub 3 will work if you wish to use that.
You'll not have an engineer visit for this and you'll be using a Plusnet connection on the 1st November, sorry for the delay.
joamaraki

Thanks for that Chris. Hopefully all will go smoothly on the 1st.
joamaraki

Hi Chris
Just an update on this. I received the router at the beginning of the week but I noticed on my account page today that the install date seems to have switched to the 8th November rather than the 1st. I am pretty sure it said the 1st after the ticket was answered and I haven't had any further email communication to notify a change of date. Perhaps you could clarify the actual date I will switch?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not sure why it's showing as the 8th - just checked and the order's complete so I've activated your account for you, you should be good to connect as soon as you're ready Smiley
joamaraki

Thanks for that Matt.
Painlessly connected via the HH3 and all looking good. Just a couple of further questions
Do you know when the phone line will transfer over?
As I paid the yearly line rental upfront I assume that runs from the date the phone line goes active?
Jo
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It'll be about a week I should think, should be active within 5-7 working days, and yes the line rental won't start running until the service goes active with us Smiley