cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prices going up :(

totalguy
Grafter

prices going up :(

not too happy the prices are going up especially when i signed up for plusnet they were supposed to be cheaper than sky and supposedly offered a better service.
the price increase is to keep the quality of service apparently! it should be for improving it really not maintaining a quality especially when its not as good as it should be at present.
more reasons to add to the list why i will be going back to sky when my contract is up. they served me well for many years and only about £2.50 more in price but i would rather pay that extra for a higher quality service and better hardware.
unless plusnet improves significantly in the next six months i have no faith in them at the moment
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: prices going up :(

Hi,
Sorry you feel that way - what could we do to improve your confidence in us?
totalguy
Grafter

a more reliable and stable router (on my second one already)
speed is unstable even though speed checks come up with around the same results every time
stick to the pricing you were quoted before taking up a contract if your on a 12 month contract for the 12 months and any rises after that if you continue to use............i could understand price increases over longer contracts though i mean you cant guarantee prices for 2 years for instance.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: totalguy
a more reliable and stable router (on my second one already)

That's something our products team are working on, unfortunately it's neither a quick nor easy process.

speed is unstable even though speed checks come up with around the same results every time

Hmm, any particular sites or types of traffic (e.g. torrents, usenet, gaming)? Wireless or wired?
More than happy to look into that for you and get it sorted, but the more information on the slowdowns you're seeing and the better advice we can offer.

stick to the pricing you were quoted before taking up a contract if your on a 12 month contract for the 12 months and any rises after that if you continue to use............i could understand price increases over longer contracts though i mean you cant guarantee prices for 2 years for instance.

That's why we're emailing everyone to let them know. It's a legal requirement in situations like this. We realise it's never going to be a particularly popular thing to do though.
fp
Grafter

25% price increase.
Sorry, should have said 'surcharge'. 
Or at least that is what the "Customer Experience Director" called it, in the email he sent.
You could not make this stuff up. 
Yorkshire plain speaking. 
Thanks for the 'experience'.
Right up there with the previous "always on == we turn it off but you can switch it back on".
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fp,
Just checked your account and from what I can see your price isn't increasing at all? You should have received an email on the 9th advising of this, please let us know if that's not the case.
fp
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification.  The email I received talks about increases to the notice period and termination charge, and says I do not have to do anything as these will come into effect on 01 Oct automatically.  Terms and conditions are listed at the end of the email, which mention the £1.50 surcharge on 'value' and 'extra' packages.  I assumed (hopefully wrongly) that applied to me - or why include the information - without checking the names of your offerings and comparing it to the name of mine.
totalguy
Grafter

why not take a leaf out of other providers books and use something proven reliable ?
speed is random so if you were to look at anything you would need to look at everything. its like things get stuck sometimes they just take ages to load and no apparent reason. other times it sticks and i notice the 4th green light on the modem is out so i have to wait a minute.
totalguy
Grafter

Quote from: fp
r why include the information - without checking the names of your offerings and comparing it to the name of mine.

because its much easier to just email out a generic email lol
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@fp - It won't affect you as you're on the Essentials account type.
@totalguy - the emails in fact are tailored to each user, hence the fact that FP wasn't advised in his email that his charges would increase. The terms and conditions though legally have to be the same throughout all the emails, hence why the charges are mentioned there. If you look at the main body of the email (when you get it, if you haven't already) it will address your situation specifically and what increases there might be.