cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnetrewards.com looks like deliberate scam

pink

plusnetrewards.com looks like deliberate scam

Hi,

I have just received an email from plusnetrewards.com to claim my cashback for joining Plusnet.

Looking here this does seem genuine but the instructions are a joke as the webpage you are taken to doesnt work

properly and you cant see what you are typing. I have tried several up to date browsers on desktop and mobile.

In the end I entered my details but without any way to verify my entry I just had to trust it was ok.

You need to work with your partner charged with adminstrating this to fix this as I will take a very dim view of Plusnet

if I dont get the deal agreed on my joining.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: plusnetrewards.com looks like deliberate scam

Are you sure this is a genuine site? It doesn't sound right to me.

pink

the reply to this post seems to indicate is not a scam but its an appalling process to try and follow https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-cash-back-email/td-p/1446756
pink

actually looking again that is for plusnetcashback.com so in still not sure about plusnetrewards.com. Would help if plusnet said who to expect contact from. Doesnt bode well for plusnet securing customer data.
grm
Dabbler

I had the same problem, I recently rejoined Plusnet and received the reward email.

In Firefox 57.0.2 I had the same character rendering issue in the email and username fields as the OP. Putting in the correct details returned an error message. I was able to get it to work in Edge 41.16299.15.0.

HTH.

grm
Dabbler

And just as a follow up the email with the details of my £125 Amazon gift card has arrived, impressively quick.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @pink

As you're due cashback on your account it looks to be genuine.

Sadly, the boxes in the form can render text like that from time to time.

You should receive your cheque within 30 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet