cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnetcashback.com

PrinceGaz

plusnetcashback.com

I received the email with the link to claim the cashback yesterday, but the link contained points to a plusnetcashback.com website, which Firefox pops up a warning about:
This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to plusnetcashback.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details
plusnetcashback.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

In addition, whilst plusnet.com is registered to PLUSNET PLC in Sheffield as you would expect, plusnetcashback.com is registered to a company called PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC in Jacksonville, Florida.
Is it safe to proceed to the site using the link in the email which identifies you?
7 REPLIES 7
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: plusnetcashback.com

Please ignore the message, it's not from us.
Could you please PM me the headers, I'll take a further look at this for you.
Edit: Please also PM me the content of the Email. Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Further investigation shows this to be genuine. We are looking into the certificate issue and will be providing further information as soon as we have it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PrinceGaz

Thanks for the updates/PMs, I'm not in any desperate hurry so I'll wait a few days just to be certain everything is fine.  It may just be a quirk with Firefox being overly fussy or it missing some information about security certificate providers, but either way, it does look a bit iffy when that alerrt pops up.  The main thing is my PlusNet services are working flawlessly so far and it is quite a bit cheaper than my former provider.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks for the feedback though. A few of us on my pod had never seen it, so it was worrying - and the certificate is something I'd expect to be up-to-date.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
KirstyA

Sorry for the delay here. Just to confirm, we are still investigating this one for you. We'll let you know when we have an update.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi All.
We’re sorry for any confusion about this website. We can assure you that it is a legitimate site that is used by one of our approved suppliers to process cashback offers on our behalf.
It looks like some recent changes may have caused error messages to appear when accessing the site. We have raised this with our supplier, who is taking urgent steps to ensure any compatibility issues are resolved.
Thank you for flagging this to us. If you have any more questions or concerns, do get in contact.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Empirical
Grafter

Why on earth would they be using a domain registrar privacy company?!