cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet stateing problem with bank card!

nester48
Hooked

plusnet stateing problem with bank card!

trying  to pay  bill,,  plusnet  say there is problem with card  and i need to  go to the bank,,this was yesterday  (been without  internet for 2 days coz of this)  so tday  go to bank   whom  state nothing wrong with card and bank account,,which i new  anyway as we purchased items   yesterday tday   before and after card  was declined by plusnet,,weve  used this card for years with plusnes,,but they are adamant that its not a problem there end  WHICH  FACTUALY  IT IS!     all i want to do is pay my bill  to                              try and lift restrictions  (which they said theyve done every time weve contacted them 5 times now)    every month get restricted  been with them years,,ive decided  to  go with diff provider whom handle  things more competantly the problem there is i am in contract so  i will have to pay  55 pound with bill ontop,what can i do  i will have to wait  10  days for them to cut me off  coz i cant pay my bill  because of thier problems,,it dont make sense,,,sod the  55 pound get out of contract fee,,i dont see i should pay it for their  incompetence!  and before  support jumps on this  and starts   saying turn router off and on factory rest    and so on   already tryed this,,also  cant log in to account,,it just times out

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: plusnet stateing problem with bank card!

Thanks for your post @nester48 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues browsing while in failed payment.

I tried to call you tonight to discuss this but there was no answer. You should see a reminder on the 1st day, 5th day and 10th day that you'd be able to acknowledge and bypass to continue browsing, however we're aware that these reminders aren't always being generated for some customers which we're working to fix.

I can see we've attempted to remove the interruption manually for you yesterday, but unfortunately the system hadn't removed this. I've now had this sorted out and I can confirm you should now be able to browse normally. If you can advise when you'll be free for a call, I'll be happy to call you back to try to get the issue resolved with making a payment to us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nester48
Hooked

call anytime  on [Removed],,,home phone is in another room   ant hear it often

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I tried to call you on that number earlier but the phone just kept on ringing with no option for voicemail. I've just tried again now and I've decided to hang up after 90 seconds. I'm about to leave the office now but I'm happy to call you back next week if there's a good day or time for a call?

I've also raised a request to our mods to remove your mobile number from your post as this is a public forum.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nester48
Hooked

hello there,,,my  partner  paid via     her  card to lift restrictions ( that have been in place for a week!)8 times we contacted plusnet to get these lifted! nearly went with diff provider  its only coz im in contract i stayed!,,   ive been unable to stream  anything for nearly a week,,,ie been without internet am i entitled  to compensation?  i should be from what ive read

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @nester48 We're not really in a position to provide compensation because your account went into failed payment especially when we've tried to call you about this, but if you can advise when you'll be free for a call, I'll be happy to call you back to discuss this further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nester48
Hooked

yeah  but  if  bill failed    i should  still get   14 days  of grace period  which i thought ment that  i would still get internet  to stream  after  contacting to get  restrictons lifted   this  didnt happen  from the fourth untill  tday,,,tell  a lie  i got one day  where  i could lie in bed and   stream   on a andriod device!  for  a few  hours before   restrictions kicked in again!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @nester48 I understand what you've said, I'm about to leave the office now but would you be free for a call tomorrow between 9 and 5:30 to discuss a goodwill gesture?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nester48
Hooked

we cant hear  the  housephone as  its in  another room,  but answer to your  question   i am free   most of time as  disabled and dont do much,,prefered method  would be mobile,,thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @nester48 I've set a reminder to call you tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Afternoon @nester48 I tried to call you just now on your mobile, but there was no answer again. 

Could you please advise when you'll be free for a call?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet