Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet lying

FIXED
hexa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

plusnet lying

called up in november about renewing my contract that ends 6th dec.

guy said call back on 6th of dec and I can do you 12 months line rental plus broadband for £1.

I even said are you 100% sure - because i know what these people are like.

call up today ''sorry that offer is no longer available it's now £1.99'' so 100% increase just a few weeks later. suprise suprise!

why didn't you mention when i called in nov that your offers ''change every weds and we have no control over them''.

petty [-Censored-] stuff like this drives me crazy! 

how can you do business with people who can't honour what they say. I bet the agent knew price would go up by then.

there needs to be a way to stop this blatant lying and manipulation.

the whole industry needs to be nationalised. ISPs are nothing but a monopoly all colluding on the prices so they can lie and rip people off.

well you're not having any customer loyalty from me, in 12 months I will be switching.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult removed from title and body as per Forum rules.

Tags (3)
26 REPLIES 26
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: plusnet lying

There are 2 bits of small print that you neglected to read...

1. Offers are subject to change.

2. Price may change at any time.

So don't slag people off because YOU couldn't be bothered to do your homework.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
hexa
Rising Star

Re: plusnet lying scumbags

shut up shill.

guy couldn't have mentioned that when i said ''are you sure that will still be valid when i call in dec''?

when i'm talking to a human being i expect them to be straight with me not ''are they lying to me and going to use some [-Censored-] small print to weasel out of what they have just said plain as day''

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Pete11 wrote:

There are 2 bits of small print that you neglected to read...

1. Offers are subject to change.

2. Price may change at any time.

So don't slag people off because YOU couldn't be bothered to do your homework.

Interpretation:

Do not believe anything you are told by a Plusnet agent when you call in. Everything they say must be checked by going through all the small print.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hexa
Rising Star

yeah pretty sure you would not get away with that anywhere else. if you could it would be legal to swindle old and vulnerable people out of their life savings: ''but you see in the small print here it says we can take all your money. it's your fault for trusting what we said to your face and signing over your life savings''.

nice attempt to normalize lying and manipulation and then blame the victim though.

how can you expect any business to be done when you live in a alice in wonderland place where you can't be sure if 1+1 is going to = 2

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

All being said..................I'd be grabbing line rental and broadband for £1.99 pm Grin

hexa
Rising Star

principles mate. add in the 'line rental' and it magically works out to the same price as all the other 'competing' companies. I think all UK broadband is the most overpriced crappiest service you can get. don't want to pay a penny more than i have to for it. they got a 100% increase out of my by lying. GG for them but if they think I'm giving them any customer loyalty they can get lost. will have the contract and a magnifying glass out next time i call them and expect everything that is said is a lie.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

1/
"the whole industry needs to be nationalised"; obviously a snowflake/Corbynista and didn't experience BT's nationalised predecessor and its abysmal service.
2/
"shut up shill." Lack of manners and not type of language used here.
hexa
Rising Star

my thread so i'll talk how i like.

um, there was not broadband in the 80s . we still have a basically nationalised infrastructure with BT openreach only now we pay these 'competing' middlemen 'service providers' who just pointlessly jack up the price.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@hexa wrote:

Not unless you want to attract the attention of the Moderators.

Keep it civil and within the forum rules.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hexa - Consider attention attracted!

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep @hexa I can understand you're upset.

Try to keep it civil and say something along the line of "PlusNet have done x", I have done "y". This is how I think they should have done it better.

The member of staff may have made a genuine mistake - we're all human and have all done it.

hexa
Rising Star

yeah just try taking action against me for telling someone to 'shut up'. ''keep it civil'' get over yourself. you're all just plusnet marketing team employees I don't know why you try and pretend different. 

I like the complaint = uncivil = therefore we can delete this unflattering thread, angle you guys are trying. clever.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@hexa from my sig....

Customer and Forum Moderator.

The Moderators are just customers trying to keep the forum a pleasant and family friendly place to visit.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@hexa wrote:

um, there was not broadband in the 80s . we still have a basically nationalised infrastructure with BT openreach only now we pay these 'competing' middlemen 'service providers' who just pointlessly jack up the price.

@hexa I usually keep away from this type of thread, but your attitude is less than helpful to your cause, and as has been said, could lead to action you really don't want.

Manners cost nothing and are usually more helpful than your current attitude in getting things sorted.

BTW - I do not work for PlusNet.

John