cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet bill design

BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

plusnet bill design

would it be possible for plusnet to consider a diffrent layout for bills for printing , as at the moment it is one of the worst ones i have ever seen its either a poor spreadsheet printout thas does not work very well and is of non helpfull display or print page after page from the websight till infininty at so few a page
if bt retail can do good online printing of your billed calls
and vodafone
and sky
and primus
i think plusnet should look in to a revamp of there pinted call charges on calls
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: plusnet bill design

Hi bluecruiser2,
Sorry you feel that way, what is it you think is missing information wise from the csv file that can be downloaded? We realise it's not ideal printing the web pages out, but that's why the csv file is offered. If you let us know what you think should be in there we'd be happy to look at making some changes.
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

you would need a programe to display that file not every one has that.
then what you get is very miky mouse and hard going to use the worst presentation of bill i have ever seen
and as i said there our many printable bills for telecom like the ones i listed and more and if they can do it surly plus net can
there our samples of some below,
it would be nice to have somthing you can print out that is easy to use and look professional and you can print ou all your calls in one go.
http://mirror-uk-rb1.gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/money/_more2008/_more10/bill-itemised-telephone-phone-...
http://www.icukhosting.co.uk/images/control_panel_6_4/cps_itemised_large.png
http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/murder/images/phone.gif
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll be honest - I don't know of any operating system (Windows, Linux or some flavour of Apple's OS) that doesn't come with a spreadsheet program that will open a csv file. In addition the free openoffice suite (openoffice.org) is available which allows editing of all spreadsheets. CSV files can also be opened with any text editor program (notepad etc) though I appreciate that doesn't give you a very useable layout.
I'll definitely make the suggestion though, as some kind of printable template for the csv file that would improve the layout would make things easier.
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

as far i am aware you need  a programe to view spreadsheets in windows and mac  in windows you can download a free viewer and ibelive the same in mac
but the end resuylt our not good and you can see from the links provided what it would be like with one of those links provided , whith a non csv bill could look like and maybe some one working there could show you a bt web bill itemised and how good it looks.
the rest of the websight looks good but i feel this realy needs some inprovment
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what is wrong with the PN bill, no different to your others
I have blanked out most numbers, the 01245495050 is BBC phone in
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

alll i am saying it would be nice to have a itemised bill that looks like a itemised bill not a file in to spreadsheets that some people do not have and is not well presented.
if you want all your bills that have spreadsheets thats fine
but i like my bills to look like bills and as i said above all mobile networks most phone networks can display itemised bills
some exsamples in post above
and would be nice in there refamp they could provide this
pierre_pierre
Grafter

with that file and a free program you can keep the info in columns, but not show the grid lines.  You can delete columns, , you can sort the data on any column
what the heck do you want, get into the modern age, I have been using spreadsheets on free programs for the last twenty years, I dont have a Mac, but do use open office on Linux and Windows
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

thats my point i should not have to get a free program to dispay itemised bill
and not so easy on macs
and as for your reply i will stay where i am like many others thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So that means you don't think it is acceptable for bills to be presented in PDF format which is the normal method for many, many organisations?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BLUECRUISER2
Dabbler

lets put it a diffrent way then
what happens if someone has a internet acoount without a pc or laptop
say a internet television or consol that you can not download spreadsheets or acrobat
then you can not have a bill
all i am saying is that it would be nice to have a bill that you can print strait from the websight
just like other telecom or internet companys for simpelness easyness and good for every one and fair for everyone if you want spreadsheets or acrobat thats fine
all i am requesting and am just making a sugestion for if there is a websight revamp
and say they started charging for these programes would you be happy to pay for a programe to display a bill , i am sure it wont happen but it could
i have now passed on my suggestion and if it happens it happens in a revamp
not trying to get in to conflict with any one
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the suggestions BLUECRUISER2,
I believe that we should have consistency with how our bills are displayed which ever format they are presented in.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you could always use ZOHO viewer http://viewer.zoho.com that will upload and display any file you throw at it