Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet 24month contract

greg16
Grafter

plusnet 24month contract

Hi All,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
but I was wondering when did plus net do 24 month contracts for residential customers?Huh
I tried to renew my contract the other day and take up PN 12 month broadband offer at £2.50 (I think that was it)  the night before it expired along with paying for line rental up front but when I logged into my account it wouldn't let me and kept saying that I had 5 months remaining of a 24 month contract.
I tried to call plus net on my break but by the time I got through I was only able to query why I wasn't able to get the line rental saver and run out of time regarding the 24 month contract.
I don't recall signing up to a 24 month contract and positive it was only a 18month contract, at the time it was 9 months at £2.50 and remaining 9 months at £9.99.
I can see on the policy page that business customers are offered 24 month contracts.
just wondering if anyone can shed some light on it or was there anyone else that signed up / renewed same time as me (end of 2013) and if they have been put on a 24 month contract?Huh
regards,
11 REPLIES 11
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: plusnet 24month contract

Special offers on the Plusnet website are normally restricted to new customers only. However existing customers can call the Customer Options Team to see if a special deal can be negotiated in exchange for a new contract.
Such deals generally differ in detail from those offered to new customers and may cover 24 months. Over the life of the contract they may be better value. Is this where your 24 month contract arose?
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'll offer 24 month contracts to existing customers wanting a better deal sometimes, however looking at your account there seems to be an anomoly. The contract should have been 18 months, but for some reason has been applied for 24. I'll go and correct that, so you should be able to get in touch with our customer options team to agree a new deal now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
greg16
Grafter

hi spraxyt - thanks for you reply
Chris - thanks for spotting it and updating my account
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problem, sorry for any confusion around the contract periods.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
malnuk
Dabbler

I rang the Options Team this morning intending upgrading to 38mb fibre and was rather disappointed at the out come.
The present extras I pay are:
Anytime Calls with caller display @ £5.99
                  BT Sport  @ £5.99
My last 18 month contract ended in March, as I was not happy with Plusnet's lack of progress, with T.V.and no Apps for BT Sport etc.
I decided not to take the option of paying Line Rental in advance rather than be "trapped" for 12 months.
I foolishly took the offer of a 12 month broadband contract at £2.50, without realising the following inclusion in the small print,
"If you decide to cancel within the minimum term, you will have to pay £12.20 for each month left of the minimum term."
I have already purchased a Home Hub 5, rather than use the much maligned router from Plusnet.
This is what I was offered:
Option 1. - £11.00 over 2 years
Option 2. - £12.50 over 18 months
This compares with an 18 month contract £11.33 for new customers.
Needless to say I decided not to take up either offer.
The offer of a 12 month Contact with BT at £12.50 with free BT Sport + other goodies is starting to look very inviting, but I do loathe the idea of customer services being based outside the UK. Cry
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi malnuk,
Welcome to the forums. Think there's been a little confusion here, so I'll paste what is documented on your account (so basically what has been offered to you).
Unlimited 40mb Fibre £11.00 per month on a 24month contract
Or
Unlimited 40mb Fibre £12.50 per month on a new 18month contract
Both these are plus your line rental and any call plans/extras you may have.

If we said for example you took out the first offer, you'd spend £198.00 over 18 months (though granted, you'd have an extra 6 months at that price).
The new customer offer means that customers pay £203.82 over 18 months. So it does work out similar, but rewards loyalty.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Thanks for your reply, I'm a bit puzzled that you think I may be confused?
This is how I see it:
Option 2.- 24 months = £264.00 @ £11.00 per month
New Customer pays £11.323p  per month
Established Customer pays £11.00 per month
A saving 32.3p per month
Therefore 24 months @ 32.3p per month = £7.75p  Loyalty Bonus?Huh
The problem is the 24 month proviso.
Can you concur £12.20 for each month left of the minimum term of contract?
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there malnuk,
Looking through your account, it does look like (should you decide to cancel) you'd be charged £12.20 for each month left on your contract.
malnuk
Dabbler

Hello there  catelliott,
I asked for Matty to  £12.20 for each month left of the minimum term of contract? 
You answered by reading the  agreement emailed to me by Matt Burton - Sales & COT Analyst,.
I believe the document emailed to me is incorrect to say the least, below is the contract I agreed to.
(copy and pasted so "typo" included)
Unlimited broadband service: £2.50 per month for 12 months then £9.99 per month thereafter
Line rental: £15.95 per month
Anytime Call plan: £5.00 per month Calelr display £0.99
BT Sport £5.99
Total £30.43 per month on a new 12 month contract
Read thro' the following and you will see where I am coming from;
Broadband early termination charges
11. Contracted Plusnet Broadband and Fibre services are subject to a minimum period of 12 or 18 months. The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet Broadband or Fibre service within the minimum period.
12. Please note, early termination charges vary according to when the package was taken. Charges can be seen in the following tables.
13. Customers with a phone package will switch to the 'Broadband Only' charge if they choose to cancel their phone plan.
Table 1.7
Product Package Monthly Charge
Unlimited Broadband Only £6.70
Broadband & Phone £4.30<<<<<<<<
Unlimited Fibre Broadband Only £8.20
Broadband & Phone £6.20
Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband Only £8.40
Broadband & Phone £6.30
I have been a LOYAL Plusnet for 5 years I do not intend to cancel at present it depends how things pan out and what is on offer with Plusnet or a different Provider in the future, I therefore need to know where I stand. Cool
However it is worrying when an ISP insists on tying a customer into a 2 year contract for a slightly reduced charge, bearing in mind that everything introduced by Plusnet seems to evolve at a snails pace.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi malnuk Smiley
The £4.30 charge in the table is for the broadband assuming you take both phone and broadband with Plusnet. The early termination charge for the phone varies dependent on the package you have, and as there are a lot of different variations they are not in the list you have just provided. I have added the phone list below (which is slightly further down on the price guide) Smiley
Weekends £5.35
Evenings & Weekends £6.75
Anytime £7.90
Anytime International 300 £9.30
Mobile £8.10
I hope this clears things up!
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Cat,
Thanks for your super quick reply, so taking Anytime calls ties you into another contract, of course I am not happy and no, it doesn't clear things up.
I intend to check this out with the OFT before I accept what Plusnet are doing is legal, I understood that I could opt out of Anytime calls with no penalty.
Must get back to more important things now, watching cricket on Sky Sports Grin