Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service - backup

blackrat999
Grafter

phone service - backup

Hi
I sent out an email to about 30 of my referrals this morning that dont have the phone package to see what happens !
One of them has replied saying that he is on a BT business line and doesnt want to risk losing the BT backup if something goes wrong with his line. Now i know BT own PN so i assume that this would not be affected but before i put my size 11's in it can someone please confirm this.
many thanks
Richard
4 REPLIES 4
prichardson
Grafter

Re: phone service - backup

Sorry, I have to ask but, BT backup?
I am aware of BT Digital Vault, but then, this has nothing specially to do with the line as is suggested in the post.
We don't currently offer Business Phone services and orders for our Home Phone service are automatically rejected, due to being unable to provide them (the backend ordering systems recognise that it's a business line).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I should think he was talking about engineering backup, they are given priority over home phone
blackrat999
Grafter

Quote from: P
Sorry, I have to ask but, BT backup?

yes i know what you mean!
So what exactly classes a line as a business line ? the one in question is at a private address but maybe listed as a business premises i suppose.
I wonder if he may pay extra for an insrance type service with BT to fix any issues within a certain time, otherwise i suppose whats the benefit of a "business line" ?Huh
blackrat999
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I should think he was talking about engineering backup, they are given priority over home phone

I see thanks.