cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personalised account review - no early termination fees

giammy

personalised account review - no early termination fees

As per other users, I have received an email as my contract is coming to end. It says: "If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice."

So I called 0800 587 1942, found out that new offer was not competitive enough and informed that I would have left.

Now the 14 days' notice has been served by my future new provider, however Plusnet sent another email:

"Because you're moving your broadband and phone before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £10.03. "

Can the Help Team please confirm that no early termination charge is due as stated in my "It's time for your personalised account review" email?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: personalised account review - no early termination fees

Thanks for your post @giammy and welcome to our Community Forums.

I've looked into this for you and I've dropped you an email which I hope helps. 

I'd note though that the account review email we've sent isn't an end of contract reminder with our best renewal offer for you on it. We'd send you another email within the last 40 days of your contract ending.

If you need further help or there's anything we can do to keep you as a customer, feel free to let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
giammy

hi @Gandalf , thanks for assisting but I cannot find messages from you. Where is it?

Also, the same matter has been reported by many other customers in this forum. So why you don't write your resolution publicly to help everybody?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @giammy

I had emailed you but if you can't find the email you can view my response in your account Here.

I'm afraid I can't give specific account information publicly due to data protection. Sorry about that. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
giammy

OK, thank you for honouring the original "It's time for your personalised account review" email.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @giammy let us know if there's anything else you need help with

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet