cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying full month for only half month service?

plexy
Grafter

paying full month for only half month service?

Hi Plusnet,
We took out broadband on 13th August and the account went active on that date. The phone line was installed on the 14th august (no problem there) but broadband was not activated on the line until 28th August as you couldn't get an engineer out before then.
The issue is, we were made to pay for the fibre service from the 13th august, so from our perspective we paid for two weeks of service you could not provide.
Can you please advise if this is normal practice or if we can expect two weeks of fibre credit back to our bill?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: paying full month for only half month service?

If you are on a discounted broadband deal, to ensure you get full months discounted these usually start from the next billing date - which I assume is the 14th of each month for you (when your phone service went live). The broadband payment should be pro rata from its activation up to your billing date. I would expect your invoices to reflect that.
A Digital Care Team member should be here tomorrow to check the payments.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We certainly do need to refund you for those two weeks. Unfortunately at present there's a payment going through so I can't put the refund through until that's done, but I'll make sure it's done as soon as the current DD payment has completed.
plexy
Grafter

HI Matt,
Did that ever get applied? My bill this month was the same as last month.
TIA
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, sorry about that - just issued the refund for you now, should be back with you in a week or so.