cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying for broadband we didnt receive

Pickles12

paying for broadband we didnt receive

We were paying for broadband even though it was out of action we werent aware how bad it was until the 14th september when we still had no broadband and reported faults,only to be dealt with by people who were insistant that it was my fault and didnt seem to like being told otherwise.fianlly spoke to someone with a bit of sense who arranged testing which proved to be the answer.found out after agreeing to have an enginear out that it wasnt anything we had done, Some bright spark had cut our cable(in the box outside of our property) instead of someones elses......SO PLUS NET I WOULD LIKE A REFUND PLEASE FOR LACK OF SERVICES,we know there wasnt any service from the 3rd September possibly a lot more before then.

Also feel that certain customer service advisors could do with more training in how to speak to customers,so please plusnet perhaps  a GWG . for august and septembers bills.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: paying for broadband we didnt receive

Moderator's note:

Moved to Accounts/Billing for better visibility of this query.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Twoterriers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Looking at the amount of people reporting a lack of service on here it seems they owe most of us a refund !! It's getting beyond a joke.
Lynda~
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
iBites

Ticked_off

Well it seems like PN are good at that. I'm currently on the other side of the world in the west pacific and have been there since 1st week May 2017. As such I have not used the subscribed phone or broadband package for which I'm paying for.  I've just been looking at my account and see that they have billed me everyday for loads of MB's usage daily?

Heh come PN !  In the UK I live on my own in a remote part of Scotland, the phone/router connections were disconnected from the wall phone socket when I left the UK.....Then my contract finished august and now they are billing me not only for phone and broadband rental at an absolutely new ridiculous price each month but also with a new order and new router ( not sure about the router as I'm not there) which I did not give them but also including daily b/band consumption. They did not even bother to send me an email about the end of the contract and the new huge rental charges. Surely they could have checked my account to see there is no phone consumption or do they just have robots which don't even think about anything except how to make money.

PLUS NET YOUR SERVICE STINKS!!!!  There is not even a dedicated customer service email number to send them a msg just an auto Q & A; A board, phone number and live chat line ( good if you are local ) but I'm on the other side of the world in a remote area where communications are somewhat limited. These new rental charges are now taking a huge slice of my state pension

@Pickles12 wrote:

We were paying for broadband even though it was out of action we werent aware how bad it was until the 14th september when we still had no broadband and reported faults,only to be dealt with by people who were insistant that it was my fault and didnt seem to like being told otherwise.fianlly spoke to someone with a bit of sense who arranged testing which proved to be the answer.found out after agreeing to have an enginear out that it wasnt anything we had done, Some bright spark had cut our cable(in the box outside of our property) instead of someones elses......SO PLUS NET I WOULD LIKE A REFUND PLEASE FOR LACK OF SERVICES,we know there wasnt any service from the 3rd September possibly a lot more before then.

Also feel that certain customer service advisors could do with more training in how to speak to customers,so please plusnet perhaps  a GWG . for august and septembers bills.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Two duplicate posts removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Pickles12

have to agree with you on that,don't think they have enough to pay us all, it would be nice to hear a sorry once in a while and not one that they have been prompted to say

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @Pickles12

Sorry to hear you've experienced a fault with your service. From looking at your account I believe our support team have since calculated and issued you with a refund. Everything working OK with your service now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet