cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

lickysaurus

overcharged

I signed up in November and was told I would have 3 months half price, this should be my third month however I have been billed for the full amount which has now been taken out of my account.  I emailed customer support on the 9th but have yet to receive a response.
If someone from customer services see this please respond to me.  question number is 38658384
Oh and while I am here back in November due to not receiving my router before the line was active I was told I would get two weeks free but there is no way to find out if I have received this.  My billing date has not changed and neither has the amount I pay (unless last months half price was infact my two weeks free and I have only received the one month of half price broadband!)
Having said that I have just had a look at my first months bill and it seems I was charged full price then too:
1 ADSL Initial Subscription £9.78 £1.71 £11.49
1 ADSL Setup Fee £21.28 £3.72 £25.00
1 Postage and Packaging Cost £4.25 £0.74 £4.99
Net Amount £35.30
VAT Amount @ 17.5% £6.18
Invoice Total £41.48
I signed up because I was told I would get 3 months half price but obviously this has not happened.  I have only had one month at half price and no 2 weeks free (unless december was reduced to account for the 2 free week, then in that case I haven't had my 3 months half price at all)
5 REPLIES 5
prichardson
Grafter

Re: overcharged

I am about to respond to your ticket on this with some further details, though I do need some information from yourself.
If you can let us know what offer code was used when you signed up, that would be appreciated.
lickysaurus

I don't think I used an offer code - if I did I can't remember it now.  I rung up and set up the account.  I was told during this phone call I would receive 3 months half price broadband.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi lickysaurus,
I'm just picking this issue up from Phil, Unfortunately to be eligible to the offer you mentioned a code was needed. However I am aware that you were advised that you would receive the first 3 months discounted at half price. That equates to a saving of  £17.24. So I think it's only fair that we meet you half way on this issue so we can agree to refund you half of this at £8.62
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
........................... However I am aware that you were advised that you would receive the first 3 months discounted at half price. ..........

Adam, surely he should get exactly what you have agreed that he was advised! .... not half of it.  Roll_eyes Embarrassed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Wheel_nut,
The offer was only upheld if a code was used. We don't have any evidence to say that we did definitely advise that we would give the first 3 months at half price so we're giving the OP the benefit of the doubt here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team