cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged

Blim
Grafter

over charged

I asked before adding the pro addon and was told id only be charged for the remaining day plus Id only get charged the following month. Im being charged £5 and a second charge of 80p and Ive been having a fault on my service so really I shouldn't  be charged at all for it.
I thought we got charged the following month?
while looking at my bills I also found Ive been charged like this in the past, Id like to get this refunded too please.
But the main problem is, the over charge is going to put me in the red or it will bounce. Ether way I'm going to get a big bank charge over this.
14 REPLIES 14
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: over charged

Subscription/service charges are paid in advance apart from the obvious one of calls where the amount isn't known until next billing date.
New services that start mid month are charged pro-rata for the active days, with that pro-rata charge paid along with a full subscription for the next month on the next billing date.
So what you describe doesn't seem like overcharging to me. A refund for a service fault is a separate issue.
David
Blim
Grafter

Ok but how do you know I'm going to use the pro addon for a hole month? I had no idea this would happen. wasn't clear at all and if I remove it now but Ive already payed for it do I get a refund on my next bill? I'm sure this hasn't happened in the past like this. I'm sure PN charged me for the next months pro rate when I removed it once in the past
Blim
Grafter

Invoice: 35579749
I had already payed for it on the last bill but cancelled it then added it again at the end of the month. Instead of being refunded the original charge I got charged for adding it again. Im only able to see what happened from looking at the other bills but if I hadn't added it again I wouldn't be able to look back and see I was charged for a whole months worth despite I cancelled it and then charged for the same month for re adding it for the last week give or take a few days.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since I'm a not a staff member I have no visibility of information related to your account so can only base my comments on your posts.
There is a known bug in the billing system that causes incorrect charging if any of the add-ons have their on/off state changed more than once in a given billing period. Unfortunately that has affected the charges on your account. The Digital Care Staff should pick your topic up and sort out the correct charge when they are here again next week.
The Pro Add-on has a minimum term of one month as shown on the add-ons page…
[quote=https://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html]
Pro Add On
Upgrades your service to a top-class prioritised connection, ideal for online gaming and working from home. Subject to a 1 month contract.
That minimum period means the bug you've encountered would not be triggered.
If cancelled in the second month as far as I'm aware a pro-rata refund would be applied at the following billing date. However once turned off I expect turning it on again before the next billing date is past will trigger the bug again and mess up the billing process. Sad
David
Blim
Grafter

So the problem is being charged in advance. This creates two problems, the bug you suggest and if the addon gets removed you dont get refunded the difference but will be charged a second time for something you have already payed for if you add it again within that billing month. In fact its the same problem. Simple way to fix the problem is to charge at the end of the month of usage.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't see the problem here...  You bought the Pro addon, threw it away during the month while it was active and bought it again?
Blim
Grafter

I'm sorry I don't understand you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Blim,
If you add Pro part way through a month, you're charged a pro rata of the £5 at the end of the month plus £5 for the next month.
If you cancel Pro part way through a month, it stays on your account until the end of the month, then it's removed and won't be charged for it the next.
Basically you cancelled yours in the middle of the month, which would have removed it, however you then ordered it again. The system picked up that it was already active until the end of the month so no pro rata charge was added, but as you'd ordered it again it was charged for for the following month as normal.
Hope that helps explain.
Blim
Grafter

So if I add it before the end of the month I dont get charged £5 just the time left in that month. But like you sed If it already on before the month starts and I remove it, ive already payed the £5 and even if I remove it 1 day after the new month I will still be cgarged the full £5.
Do you see what the problem is here? plus I dont plan what night I might need it for so It does seem a bit strange how the system charges you more if you remove it after the start of the month over adding at the end of the month.
pwatson
Rising Star

I think the only potential confusion is describing the Pro option as having a 1 month minimum contract as it could be as much as two months if you ordered it the day after your billing date.  The contract is actually for a complete billing month and any balance of the preceding month.
That said, it appears that Blim thinks it's a 'Pay as you use' option...?  Matt's explanation is clear on how it actually works.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: pwatson
I think the only potential confusion is describing the Pro option as having a 1 month minimum contract as it could be as much as two months if you ordered it the day after your billing date.  The contract is actually for a complete billing month and any balance of the preceding month.

Not necessarily, if it's ordered then cancelled in the same month then the only charge issued at the end of that month is the one for the month in which it was ordered. The add-on won't be there the following month and it won't be charged for either.
pwatson
Rising Star

OK - But...
Quote from: Matt
If you add Pro part way through a month, you're charged a pro rata of the £5 at the end of the month plus £5 for the next month.
If you cancel Pro part way through a month, it stays on your account until the end of the month, then it's removed and won't be charged for it the next.

When the Pro option is ordered the charge will be up to £5/(No. of days in month - 1) plus £5 even if it's then immediately cancelled...?  So the charge, if order the day before (or on?) the billing date will be a few pence plus £5 but if ordered the day after the billing date it will be nearly £10? 
In both cases, the minimum term is not one month (from the date of order) unless I've missed something?  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I suspect you have, you even quote the part of my post where I explain that:
Quote from: Matt
If you cancel Pro part way through a month, it stays on your account until the end of the month, then it's removed and won't be charged for in the next.

By that I mean at the end of the month in which Pro was added you'll be charged for the month in which it was added. As it's been cancelled though there'll be no up front charge for the next month.
pwatson
Rising Star

Ah - I see my error  Smiley
Apologies for adding to the confusion!