Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of contract discount...

TheDeuce
Dabbler

out of contract discount...

Hi Guys,

Had an email today stating that because I was out of contract that I would be offered a discount on my account....now this is where it gets confusing..

In the email it states that I am paying £14.99 for my broadband as opposed to the £19.99 that I am paying and that I could have my broadband for £9.99 if I continue with an 18 month contract. Now if you want to offer me my fibre unlimited for £9.99 then knock yourselves out and I'll sign up straight away Smiley but something tells me that if I click on the link then I'll probably be put on adsl for £9.99 lol.

Can someone please clarify what is on offer please as I think surely this email was a mistake. 

Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11
irishwhip
Dabbler

Re: out of contract discount...

I'd also like some clarification on this confusing email.
The bright pink section states my current deal has ended and i'll now pay 14.99, further down in the "whats changing" area, it states the price of my broadband isn't changing.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the base price for your broadband isn't changing but as you have reached the end of the contract any discounts will have been removed

irishwhip
Dabbler

to clarify, i'm currently paying 19.99

TheDeuce
Dabbler

well I clicked on the link and it was for 38Mb service, errr no thanks. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It does sound like something isn't right with that.

I can see you're both on the legacy fibre package that is the equivalent to our currently offered Unlimited Fibre Extra package. I'm not sure why the emails would be sent out offering a re-contract but putting you on the lower package.

I've flagged this up to be looked in to.

EDIT:

Could one or both of you drop me a PM with a link to the offer page you've been given.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gofaster
Rising Star

I am on legacy Plusnet Unlimited (80/20) and I got the same email offering the same fibre for £9.99

The link in the email is to https://www.plus.net/campaigns/recontract/FibreDualBBChange/2016fibre999

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've received an update regarding this and I'm sorry to say that the incorrect emails were sent out for some customers on the legacy fibre (80/20) package.

Apologies for any confusion this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JonJon
Grafter

I keep hearing sorry, but that's not the point.

If you go into a supermarket and they've labelled a price wrong on the shelf (or left an offer up after it has finished), they will honour the advertised price.

Maybe if Plusnet did the same, they'd stop making these mistakes (I gather this isn't the first time, although didn't affect me in the past).

TheDeuce
Dabbler

So does that mean that I am not being offered anything to keep me with Plusnet?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The email is a mistake but if you are willing to re-contract you could try calling the Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 (select the thinking of leaving option) and see what they offer.

David
JonJon
Grafter

I tried that, and they refused anything to do with £9.99.
They would only do £16.50 on an 18 month contract, or £15 for a 24 month contract.