cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online payments

mksmith71

online payments

why...oh..why, is it so hard to pay my bill......ive been with virgin, talk talk, sky and BT....and all of them made it easy. When you viewed your bill,  at the bottom they all gave you the choice "to pay bill online" simple as that, clicked on to be taken to the payment section, details given..payment made. ive looked and looked, and no where when looking at my bill did it give me that choice.  WHY.

10 REPLIES 10
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: online payments

It looks like your payment is currently pending via your direct debit.

We'll let you know by email if there are any problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
arckivio
Hooked

I have been having the same issue. If you ring plusnet, it tells you pay online. It's almost laughable. There are threads about this going back to 2013 so they haven't had a lot of time to fix the issue, Executives don't do much & don't know much either. The one thing they are supposed to be able to do is employ people that do know & plusnet bigwigs can't even do that. No restrictions for 14 days if your DD fails, I had restrictions all over the place & it took 3 days to finally fix this & now, guess what, I can't pay the bill online. You gotta luv staggering incompetence

arckivio
Hooked

perhaps the million dollar babies at the top of plusnet should re train & open a burger van, I'm really fed up with this as I've got a noisy phone line, my internet has a weaker wi fi signal than all my neighbours & it disconnects 3/4 times an evening

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@arckivio,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Bill payments: Generally customers can pay on line, but there are specific circumstances where they cannot.  Essentially, if they have

• not made arrangements to pay by direct debit or direct charge to a payment card
  • failed to pay by some other means (e.g. online) within the 14 days of the due date (invoicing date)

the only payment option is to pay via the telephone.

Do the above apply to your situation?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

arckivio
Hooked

That is exactly what I mean. On the pnone they try to get you off the phone and pay online. You go online and there's a myriad of circumstances why you can't pay online. As the op states. Other companies, pay however you like. Not your fault and thanks for the help. Next time you see your superior tell him you want ketchup with that.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I don’t have any superiors (well not around here) I’m a customer the same as you. Just been around here a long time and have insight to how things work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

arckivio
Hooked

Its a good job someone out here knows what's going on because they don't seem to know. Thanks again
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Several off-topic posts removed.

Please do not let this descend into yet another bickering thread as it will get locked.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I apologise for my part.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that @arckivio

I can see you've called us and this should be resolved now?

With regards to your noisy phone line and connection problems I've tested your line and found a potential external fault which I've raised to our suppliers now. We'll update you when we've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet