Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on contract but increased dd amount

dread
Dabbler

on contract but increased dd amount

Hi

My payments each month are flat as im on contract and don't do anything to warrant a further charge. This month however,  the cost has increased. How do i find out why?

7 REPLIES 7
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: on contract but increased dd amount

Have you checked your phone calls?

https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=choose_account

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @dread,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issue. I have checked your account and it seems that your 6 months £3 per month Anytime call plan discount has ended and increased to £6 then £6.50 through the price increase that occurred on the 01/09/2016.

The promotional discount change can be found in the contract agreement in this ticket link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=113782144

dread
Dabbler

After scouring the very long ticket here is the reference to pricing:

"Plusnet Anytime Call plan: £3.00 per month for 6 months then £6.00 per month thereafter."

Nowhere on the ticket does it mention this is subject to change.

As far as i was aware i'd entered into a fixed price, fixed term contract.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dread wrote:

Nowhere on the ticket does it mention this is subject to change.

However we do ask that you read and understand our Terms and Conditions, in which we advise that the price can change, however if we make changes, we'll let you know at least 30 days in advance.

We sent a price rise notification email to you on 12/07/16, advising the price would increase from 01/09/16.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dread
Dabbler

So just to clarify...

I sign up to a fixed term contract but you can alter the cost i pay within this contract period?

So, is there a limit on the increase you could charge, or could i be held to ransom to pay whatever charge you wish to make, with my only option to pay the cease charge and leave?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As per our Terms and Conditions:

18. Changing these terms or our services

18.1. We may change the price, or other charges, the service or the terms of our agreement:

18.2. If we make changes we'll tell you at least 30 days in advance by email or post of the changes happening, except where:

18.3. If any change is to your material disadvantage (and isn't as set out in paragraph 18.1.5) you may end our agreement for any affected service by giving us notice of your intention to leave within 30 days' of our notice. If you do so, then:

18.3.1. you won't have to pay any increased price or charge for your service during the notice period;

18.3.2. even if our agreement has a minimum term you may end our agreement for any affected service without paying any early termination charges; and

18.3.3. we'll also end our agreement for any other service(s) that cannot be provided without the service you have chosen to end (and you won't have to pay early termination charges for the other service(s)).

@dread wrote:
or could i be held to ransom to pay whatever charge you wish to make, with my only option to pay the cease charge and leave?

As per our terms and conditions, we'll let you know of the increase and you may end the agreement for any affected service by giving us notice within 30 days of us notifying you of the increase.

If you let us know within 30 days of us providing you notice, we would waive early termination fees.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dread
Dabbler

Thank you for the clarification.

I fully understand now.