cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not renewing - switching provider

geoffnkaren

not renewing - switching provider

Hi have PN telephone and broadband package that expires on 24/09/2018.

I wish to not renew this contract and switch to a cheaper deal with NOW - telephone and broadband.

How do I do this without incurring any fees?

Do I just apply to NOW and let them do the switch over before 24/09/2018?

Thanks

Geoff

5 REPLIES 5
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: not renewing - switching provider

Hi Geoff,

I'm sad to hear that you have decided to leave us.

In order to switch over your service you would need to inform the new provider of the date that your contract ends with us and request that they provide you with service from that date.

If the switch is done from the 24/09/2018 you will not incur any early termination charges.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to get back to us.

Best wishes,

geoffnkaren

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So the switch over needs to take place on 24/09/2018 exactly, it cant be one day later or earlier?

Thanks

Geoff

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Good morning @geoffnkaren,

To switch over to another provider who runs on the BT network it would take aprox 2 weeks to change, so I would recommend initiating your changeover at least 2 weeks prior to your required date and if you advise your new provider of your preferred switch over date they should be able to execute your request.

If the provider runs off the BT network you would need to get in contact with our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632, so they can place a cease on your line for your required date and you'd still need to contact the new provider to get the new services set up for then.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can help you with.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I think there’s room for confusion in the above advice. If you are switching to a supplier other than Virgin Media (who have their own network to the premises) then the advice about contacting COTS about ceasing the service does not apply.

All of the other major ISPs use BT Openreache’s copper to the premises network and change of billing supplier is managed by the gaining supplier lead process.

However, Sky and Talk Talk do not use the BT Wholesale broadband network (as does Plusnet): so a migration away from a BTw WBC service to Sky or Talk Talk might incur a service cease charge of £30 ... which is quite distinct from early termination charges.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Townman

You are correct in that most major ISPs run on the Openreach copper network and if you were to move to one of these @Mads is right in that it will take approximately 2 weeks to transfer to them.

The complication comes if the chosen ISP does not run on the Openreach network. In this case if our Customer Options team weren't contacted then the service would remain active.