cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no payments taken

runswick

no payments taken

I changed my product and started a new broadband contract in April 2019 and have noticed no payments have been taken since the change. Prior to the product change payments were always correct and taken on time

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: no payments taken

@runswick Welcome to the forum.

Be aware that Plusnet's billing system is in a mess and is failing to bill some customers.

The good news as far as you are concerned is that Plusnet have announced that once they get it sorted they will only back bill affected customers for the previous 3 months and write off any previous charges. See  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Frozen-account/m-p/1660510#M42916

Other customers are being overcharged and are not happy!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @runswick,

I'm sorry that you've not been billed since you last upgraded your contract. This is a known issue that is affecting some accounts and our billing team are working to resolve this, though we do not have an estimated date for when this will be resolved.

Our billing team will contact you once the issue has been resolved and they've been able to generate a bill. As @Baldrick1 has said, billing will only backdate 90 days' worth of charges. Any charges that are over 90 days old when the issue is resolved will be written off.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AbsolutelyFedUp
Dabbler

Oh dear. I have not been billed either.
Approaching end of contract.
How to find out what to pay and will referral discounts be applied for more than 90 days?
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Plusnut, thanks for your post and Welcome to our Community!

We can certainly check on the billing side of things for you, although I've been unable to locate your Plusnet account via your forum profile.

Are you able to please PM me the account username?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@AbsolutelyFedUp wrote:
Oh dear. I have not been billed either.
Approaching end of contract.
How to find out what to pay and will referral discounts be applied for more than 90 days?

Obviously I don't know for how many months that you have not needed to pay but are you looking for a renewal discount for the months during which Plusnet will providing their service for free?

If it was me I would keep my head down and pay the monthly contract charge in the knowledge that it could be many months before Plusnet get their billing sorted. You will only be charged the higher rate for 3 months, everything prior to that being free. You can always then negotiate a new contract or leave.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AbsolutelyFedUp
Dabbler

Meant how to find out how much I owe when billing not working and referral discount is the monthy discount I got for (sillily) introducing cistomers to PN

Water under the bridge now, they claim to have sorted the problem. Issue now frim reading old threads will be if they can ever get the DD right.

Still would like to know what referral discount they are paying.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @AbsolutelyFedUp,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I imagine you will have any discounts you discussed on your new contract added to your 90 days invoice. If you mean referral discounts from other accounts you've referred - it should be in the invoice but we wouldn't know until the invoice is generated.

Thanks.

AbsolutelyFedUp
Dabbler

Thanks. But you have to admit it is a shambles when you cannot tell me the information that you have put into the machine ie is it programmed to add REFERRAL discounts for the months you have not taken my contract charge and have now waived ever taking it.

Or is the machine going to decide? Thinking AI?

I just hope that bill is right don’t want the hassle of getting bank to send itback and the involvement of the courts by me to sort it out.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @AbsolutelyFedUp,

When the invoice is generated, please give us a shout here if you feel it is incorrect etc and we'll be able to help rectify it should we need to.

Thanks.

Peter35

I’ve not been billed in over a year! No payments taken, no bills, no nothing

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Peter35 

As @Mads advised in her previous post, we won't be billing our customers for more than 90 days of service regardless of how much time has passed. 

Kind Regards