Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new referral

hulls
Grafter

new referral

Hi
Is there a way I can access a referral I made to a colleague?  He has signed up to Plusnet (or at least his wife did) following my recommendation, but she didn't include my user name and ISP.
I now have their user name (saunders57), but is it too late to get the benefit?
John
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: new referral

Hi John,
If they raise a ticket on their account stating that you were the referral, then we can get this added easily enough.
hulls
Grafter

Thanks.
That's been done now via their account.
John
chalbury
Grafter

It seems to me to be a pain to refer some-one who is a tyro, you refer them, they get signed up but if they don't say the right words when signing up, you don't get the benefit. It is all very well saying that 'the referred person should raise a ticket' but that isn't so easy for some-one who is new to broadband. If referred by email through the Plusnet portal, Plusnet have a record of the person referring and the person referred but don't appear willing to connect the two. I have personally experienced this but I can't force the person referred to raise a ticket, I have asked them but they probably wondered what I was on about because no ticket has been raised and consequently I haven't been rewarded. I even gave them the url to raise a ticket so what's the point.
hulls
Grafter

I'm not in any particular rush, but is there a timescale on how long these tickets take?  I notice that the referral hasn't been added to my list yet.
John
James
Grafter

Hi John,
If you could let me know the ticket number, I'll be more than happy to action it for you.
hulls
Grafter

Thanks James.  I'm not in the office this afternoon, and to be honest I don't really want to keep hassling my colleague for information like this.  User name saunders57 on Plusnet has an open ticket asking for hulls from free-online to be recorded as their referrer.
If that's not enough information, then, yes, I'll try and speak to him tomorrow to get a ticket number.
John
James
Grafter

It's really not needed!
I've added the referral on your account.
I was only asking for the ticket number so as to not get you to post the username in here. I wasn't trying to be difficult Smiley
hulls
Grafter

Thanks James.  I appreciate your help, and I didn't think you were trying to be difficult! Smiley
John