cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

near the end of your discounted period ?

Roswellgrey
Grafter

near the end of your discounted period ?

Speaking from experience ...
If you negotiated a discounted price for say a year with Customer Retentions, and you coming to the end of your discounted period, don't assume you can ring up a few days before the billing date and change packages ....
If you leave it till a few days before the billing date (not after the billing date I stress), you will drop back to the "standard" rate, and once the bill has been raised internally, tough luck, even if it's before the billing date .
You will pay the old, standard rate for a month, which could well be substantially higher ...
No refund or adjustment will be made.
I really get the impression now that Plusnet just don't care about (a) existing customers or (b) customers who won't sign up for 12/24 months ...
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: near the end of your discounted period ?

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the offer made by our Customer Options Team.
Just to clarify some points:
If you leave it till a few days before the billing date (not after the billing date I stress),

You called on your billing date, not before. I think the confusion may be due to the delay in the money actually being taken on your payment type.
Once the payment has cleared, give me a nudge and I'll refund this month back to the same price you've agreed with the Customer Options Team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Re: near the end of your discounted period ?

Thanks, Chris
I mistook the "payment taken date" with the billing date - I do know better than that - my error ...
To clarify : the only offer made by Retentions  was "take standard price or nothing" ....
which considering I had been running at a discounted rate for a year was a bit of surprise.
However, that's an aside ... (but does explain my other comment)
Anyway, I appreciate the response, and will give you a nudge when the payment has gone through ...