cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my £7 discount ended

sparky208

my £7 discount ended

my £7 discount  has ended .without any warning not a mention from plusnet .how do i get it back or a better discount  .anyone help here please . not happy paying £35 a month... ripoff  Angry
10 REPLIES 10
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: my £7 discount ended

Ring customer options and ask what they can do for you.
From landlines: 0800 013 2632
From mobiles: 0330 123 9197
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to inform you when the discounts end.
However when you agree a new deal with us we should always confirm how long the discounts are for which I can see we did in this case.
As Mayfly has posted if you speak with our Customer Options Team I'm sure they can sort something out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sparky208

ok thank you both Grin  .ill give them a call .also is better or cheaper to change the phone service to  (something fish ).can't remember the name of the company would it cost me anything to change over to a different phone company
pwatson
Rising Star

Madasafish do the phone line for £11.99 plus E&W calls
http://www.madasafish.com/talk/
Plusnet will charge an extra £2.50/month for broadband if you don't have your phone with them but it will still be cheaper (just) to switch.  Frustratingly, Madasafish is owned by Plusnet so quite how they can do the line for £11.99 but PN charge £15.95 is beyond me...
sparky208

A thank you sir .. i have just done a deal with plusnet for £23.49 a month for talk unlimited and 8 med internet also £50 cash back .but done this deal before i read your post .but have 14 days to cancel ...what to do  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
pwatson
Rising Star

I don't think you get the cashback if you don't take both so you're probably best as you are Smiley
sparky208

they have sent me an email ...We�e pleased to tell you that your £50 cash back offer is now in progress.  Your cash back cheque will be sent directly to the address you have provided, please allow up to 60 days to receive this.  We really hope you enjoy using your Broadband and Home Phone and that you enjoy your cash back on us.  Kind regards,  [removed] ..wy would i not get the cashback . i dont understand sorry
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed CSA name as per Forum Rules]
Mark280
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
Unfortunately it's not possible for us to inform you when the discounts end.

Seriously? - "...it's not possible..." ?!!!
That sounds like nonsense. - why is it "...not possible..."?
I would venture to suggest, that it is 'possible' - but that simply, in general, it just isn't in Plusnet's interest to do so.
Regardless, a customer really should make some effort to keep track of what and when they are paying, for anything.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

They're saying their systems can't cope, do a search and you will see other threads on this. A new billing system is promised which is supposed to do this sort of stuff but don't hold your breath  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi sparky,
I can see that you have qualified for the cashback, so don't worry.
On a side note:
Quote from: pwatson
Frustratingly, Madasafish is owned by Plusnet so quite how they can do the line for £11.99 but PN charge £15.95 is beyond me...

We just haven't bothered to increase the price. Technically, we shouldn't be selling MAAF accounts anymore.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet