Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving soon but going into temp accom

g4jnw
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

moving soon but going into temp accom

I have spoken to plusnet move team a while ago but have now come across a problem and wonder what happens.

Looks like we will exchange contracts soon and complete, possibly a month before we reach exchange with our purchase.

I cannot commit to moving into the house we are buying and tell plusnet to move us, so we have decided to move in with relatives until our purchase exchanges.

Does this mean i have to cancel my contract (with penalties) and then sign up for the new house as an when its ready for us to move into?

Or can i put my account on hold?

I presume it has happened to others as i find on the net quite a few people go into temp accom so not to loose their house sale.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: moving soon but going into temp accom

Hi there,

We're not able to put accounts on hold I'm afraid so this may be a case of cancelling for now.

I'd advise explaining the circumstances to our customer options team though on 0800 432 0200.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Whilst putting accounts on hold is not an available option it might be possible for moving your service to take longer than normal - effectively covering the gap. As Adam suggested, explaining the circumstances to the House Moves Team is worth a try.

David
g4jnw
Rising Star

When i get an actual date will give them a ring, i suspect that a delayed exit wont work as our buyers will want their service to start straight away as they take over our phone line.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't think that is a problem. What would happen is prior to move day an order is placed to terminate your service in your present property on move day. However instead of placing a separate order to provide service at your new property from the same date, a diary note is made and placed on hold for (say) two weeks. By then hopefully you have a firm date for taking over your new property; an order is placed to provide service after that date. Job gets done and your move is complete. Smiley

David
g4jnw
Rising Star

thanks thats great, hopefully will exchange on our property next week so will give them a call.