cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving my home phone?!

benjohnson

moving my home phone?!

Hi PlusNet
first of all I ordered plusnet broadband a few weeks ago and it was activated this week however I have not received my router?
secondly...After checking my emails today I see I have a see I have had 2 emails from plusnet support from 8.7.14 saying "Another service provider has notified us that you're moving your phone line and call plan to them. We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us but before your phone service moves there are some things you need to consider."
I have know nothing about this.
Please let me know what is going on. I have tried to ring customer support but after waiting 20mins I gave up!
Kind Regards
Ben
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: moving my home phone?!

There seems to have been a major outage tonight so Customer Support may have been busier than usual.
Are you saying that you have had Plusnet's telephone service for some time now and have recently added broadband also?  I ask because I think it's more frequently the other way around. 
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ben,
Sorry to hear you've been having issues getting through to us, at busy points of the day we can sometimes see wait times increase.
I've taken a look over your account and can see the the number we have provisioned the broadband on has indeed had an order placed to transfer it to a new provider. If you haven't request this then we can most definitely initiate a cancellation of that order if you're happy for us to do so.
In addition to this I have checked on your router and this is shown as ordered and despatched as of the 02/07/14, they're packages in a box designed to fit through most standard sized letterboxes so you should have seen this delivered by now. Has there been any kind of card dropped through the door or could this have been left with a neighbour?
benjohnson

thanks for getting back to me.
to the first reply I am a new customer.
I spoke to your support team last night and was nice to hear a fellow sheffielder (I have recently moved to London) We figured out that the order had been placed to a neighbours address! I am at 106 and the order was placed to 102. so the neighbour was cut off and I guess the router went there too.  Shocked
not sure if this was me or you that made the mistake but I would think my payment details would have to match the order address?
Anyway he asked me to ring today to speak to the house movers department to get it right but again the waiting time is over 30mins and by the time I get through that department will to empty again. I don't suppose you guys can sort anything out or get someone that can to ring me asap? failing that will they be working in the morning?
Kind Regards
Ben
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi benjohnson,
Sorry to hear of the complication with the address situation!
I can see that this has now been organized with our house moves team and the scheduled completion date is 22/07/2014. I have also sent another router out to the correct address and you should receive this in the next 3-5 working days. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!