cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house mid contract, what are my options?

kalamaki

moving house mid contract, what are my options?

We have about 4 month left in our contract, already paid for line rental upfront. 

What are our options? The account is in my hubby's name but he's busy so I called Plusnet to sort it out asap, but Plusnet refused to tell me what our options are and hung up on me very rudely. Very tempted to go to another provider, but want to see what our options are with Plusnet first. 

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: moving house mid contract, what are my options?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you start a new contract, you can usually move free of charge, otherwise there is a fee of £65.

Further information can be found here:  https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/moving-home-or-office/

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @kalamaki,

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you had when you called, it's not a great reflection of our service from what you describe. Please accept our apologies for this.

I regret that we are unable to disclose information if you were not the account holder or authorised user.

We would be happy to discuss this if your husband called us, however renewals can only be discussed in the final three months of the contract.

Your husband can make you an authorised user which allows you access to the account, this does not however allow any contractual discussions as new contracts can only be agreed with the account holder. This can only be done by speaking to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 between 08:00 to 20:00 (Monday - Friday) 09:00 to 19:00 (Saturday) and 09:00 to 18:00 (Sunday).

I would suggest waiting until there is three months or less until the contract expires before calling us to renew.

Thanks - LF

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@LordFoul 

I think the OP is actually talking about moving house during the contract so your comment about only being able to renew in the final 3 months is irrelevant and does not apply to house moves.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@kalamaki, in relation to house moves you can do these at any time in the contract. Essentially you can move your account to your new property, agree a new deal which may be slightly higher than your current deal (depending on what offers are on) and we'd cover the costs of the house move fee (£65) or option two you can pay the house move fee and keep the same contract.

Your partner can add you onto the account as an auhtorised user however we would not be able to agree it with yourself if you're not the main account holder. You can ring our dedicated house moves department on 0800 587 1952. @LordFoul has provided the opening times above.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.